Scored a loader for $300

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Would you give me the rod and body diameter of the lift cylinders?

I want to make sure your not going to have pump issues.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Great score! Looks a little heavy for a B7100, but if you can modify the mounting system and use a suitably heavy counterweight on the back, it's a great starter kit!

As for cylinder size, I used 2" cylinders on my home-made FEL. A little slower cycle time than 1-1/2" cylinders, but sturdier pistons.

My concern would be whether or not the Oliver had an open centre or closed centre system, and do the spool valves have a power-beyond port?

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Looks a little heavy for a B7100
My thought also. Never saw a bucket with that center brace, unusual.
Should work fine for dirt or gravel, might be awkward for slash, brush, logs, etc.

bdemutis

Equipment
B7100HST-D
Dec 21, 2019
Gilbertsville
Great score! Looks a little heavy for a B7100, but if you can modify the mounting system and use a suitably heavy counterweight on the back, it's a great starter kit!

As for cylinder size, I used 2" cylinders on my home-made FEL. A little slower cycle time than 1-1/2" cylinders, but sturdier pistons.

My concern would be whether or not the Oliver had an open centre or closed centre system, and do the spool valves have a power-beyond port?
Sadly I think it is also I found it driving down the road and called the farmer I couldn't pass it up when he said $300 lol, but the plan is to cut the frame apart and just use the arms and the bucket and all the hydraulics. I will be building my own frame. I just want it for light yard work and to clear the driveway. The only info on the side is alliance farm equipment everything else is missing. I will have to get more info off of it when I go back up to the house probably won't be until the weekend. The attatchment isn't that big it fit in the back of my 99 f250 truck bed.

Last edited:

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
I think I would refer to that loader in photo IF mounted on a B7100 could be defined as the "tail wagging the dog" IE FEL too large for tractor. Consolation is it should be a bargain @ $300 for mounting on a larger tractor.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Zooming in and seeing the “farmerized” repairs, etc. already done on that thing and seeing those old cylinders, cracks and corrosion make me consider it scrap steel with an environmental/disposal problem. Heck of a salesman that got $300 for it. Sorry.

bdemutis

Equipment
B7100HST-D
Dec 21, 2019
Gilbertsville
Zooming in and seeing the ***8220;farmerized***8221; repairs, etc. already done on that thing and seeing those old cylinders, cracks and corrosion make me consider it scrap steel with an environmental/disposal problem. Heck of a salesman that got $300 for it. Sorry.
Cracks, theirs no cracks it's flaking paint the loader was working when removed from the tractor it was on, the cylinder rods are actually clean no corrosion on the rods them selves. Worse comes to worse, I cut it up and scrap it. I was going to be cutting most of it up anyway and just using the arm assembly and bucket. Maybe I did get a little ahead of myself with the purchase but then yet again being from the salt belt of PA everything is rusty and farmerized repaired lol

Last edited:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
What first got my attention was the reinforcing/doubler on the elbow of the left arm...clearly someones idea of repairing either a crack or a bend....and the leaking left lift-cyl.

Anyway... I certainly wasn’t trying to denigrate your decision to purchase. Lord knows I’ve done a LOT worse decisions than your well-intentioned one. :D

bdemutis

Equipment
B7100HST-D
Dec 21, 2019
Gilbertsville
What first got my attention was the reinforcing/doubler on the elbow of the left arm...clearly someones idea of repairing either a crack or a bend....and the leaking left lift-cyl.

Anyway... I certainly wasn***8217;t trying to denigrate your decision to purchase. Lord knows I***8217;ve done a LOT worse decisions than your well-intentioned one. :D
Yea I noticed the cylinder leaking after we unloaded it from the truck and yea the scabbed on plate, I was hoping to just use it for snow pushing / light yard work, I have 3 acres so mostly just mulch and small stuff, I wanted to build a self contained hydraulic system with a bi directional pump, The loader probably weighs around 800lbs with the frame that is on it I had it in the bed of my pick up truck. I was just gung-ho and excited lol.

CapnDean

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L6060,ZD1211
Feb 22, 2018
Gulfport, MS USA
You did good. Repacking those cylinders is a cheap and easy fix. You may not have enough HYD flow to make it a fast mover but you can bet it will lift and curl. Your tractor doesn't weigh enough anyway to make that a truly capable loader. But for your described use? No problem. a great score!

bdemutis

Equipment
B7100HST-D
Dec 21, 2019
Gilbertsville
You did good. Repacking those cylinders is a cheap and easy fix. You may not have enough HYD flow to make it a fast mover but you can bet it will lift and curl. Your tractor doesn't weigh enough anyway to make that a truly capable loader. But for your described use? No problem. a great score!
It'll be a good project to mess around with just need to finish the house and fully move in and I can start playing with this thing.