LX Series, R14T Tires, And Other Goodies From Louisville

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
Bought my B2650 last fall. Only thing I kind of regret on the timing is I think I'd have opted for the R14 tires. Otherwise, I don't think regret not waiting.

tjstractor

Dec 17, 2019
Great White North
Bought my B2650 last fall. Only thing I kind of regret on the timing is I think I'd have opted for the R14 tires. Otherwise, I don't think regret not waiting.
I dont' really need a different tractor till this coming fall so I'm probably going to hold off for the LX2610. The most important thing for me is traction in snow for blowing. I was pretty set on turf tires. I wonder if these R14 would be better in snow or not. I'm thinking not ...???

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I dont' really need a different tractor till this coming fall so I'm probably going to hold off for the LX2610. The most important thing for me is traction in snow for blowing. I was pretty set on turf tires. I wonder if these R14 would be better in snow or not. I'm thinking not ...???
I'm guessing better in deep snow, perhaps not in light snow.

Still chains will be needed to plow heavy snow with any tractor tires.

SDT

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I was looking at the titan website and saw their all weather tire

https://www.titan-intl.com/tires/ALL-WEATHER

Has anyone ever used that style? I have sandy clay soil and the R1s I currently have work ok but tend to leave ruts if very wet or dig holes quickly when they get to spin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tjstractor

Dec 17, 2019
Great White North
I'm guessing better in deep snow, perhaps not in light snow.

Still chains will be needed to plow heavy snow with any tractor tires.

SDT
The R14s haven't been out that long yet really. I can't find much on the internet from those who have been using them vs. whatever they had before.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN

Has anyone ever used that style? I have sandy clay soil and the R1s I currently have work ok but tend to leave ruts if very wet or dig holes quickly when they get to spin.

These are not good in snow.

The best small tractor tires that I have sound for snow work are Z-bar tread, but these are only available in small sizes.

I have them on my B1750.

SDT

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD

I agree that this tread is horrible for snow, mud, or even wet grass. I didn't know that that tire style was even currently manufactured. They were popular back in the 80's, and came on my B8200. After one or two seasons I swapped them for R4's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Thank you for the information on the all weather tread tires

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire

Those are the original turf tire tread design going back decades.

Zakatak

Mar 30, 2020
Louisiana
I am in the market for a small cab tractor with a loader which will also serve as my primary lawn mower on 5 acres. I am really interested in the B2560/LX2610 with a 72" MMM so I am trying to confirm the differences between the B2560 and new LX2610 in order to make a decision of buying now or later. The only real differences that i have come across (mainly this website) are:
  1. A new single lever coupler for FEL
  2. An improved spring seat
  3. LED work lights
  4. R14 Tire option

Can anyone speak to any other upgrades? Any chance the hydraulic whine noise in the cab model is improved?

Thanks in advance!

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I am in the market for a small cab tractor with a loader which will also serve as my primary lawn mower on 5 acres. I am really interested in the B2560/LX2610 with a 72" MMM so I am trying to confirm the differences between the B2560 and new LX2610 in order to make a decision of buying now or later. The only real differences that i have come across (mainly this website) are:
  1. A new single lever coupler for FEL
  2. An improved spring seat
  3. LED work lights
  4. R14 Tire option

Can anyone speak to any other upgrades? Any chance the hydraulic whine noise in the cab model is improved?

Thanks in advance!
Swift-Tach FEL and self leveling FEL both available as options on 2610.

SDT

Zakatak

Mar 30, 2020
Louisiana
Swift-Tach FEL and self leveling FEL both available as options on 2610.

SDT
Can the Swift-Tach feature be utilized with a factory Cab? Seems that you would still have to get out of the tractor to engage/disengage the attachment pins on the loader arms.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Can the Swift-Tach feature be utilized with a factory Cab? Seems that you would still have to get out of the tractor to engage/disengage the attachment pins on the loader arms.
Yes.

The 3310 that I saw at the Louisville show in Feb had both cab and Swift-Tach self leveling FEL.

SDT