L2550 GST Restoration

freeon

Feb 5, 2019
Canada
Last winter I bought a 1984 L2550 GST. It was mechanically good, however had significant rust. I spent the summer striping it down to the engine, transmission and axles and re-painting it. I can only upload 5 pictures. If you want to see the whole build here is a link to all the pictures(they are worth the look).

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1cat9nXhvv8fuz5X7

Attachments

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I never saw one so badly rusted. Looks like it worked on the sea shore!

You have done a great restoration. Thanks for sharing.

Dave

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Did you fabricate the rusted out panels in the cab, or were you able to purchase replacements?

Looks like it was a lot of work, looks good.

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
Last winter I bought a 1984 L2550 GST. It was mechanically good, however had significant rust. I spent the summer striping it down to the engine, transmission and axles and re-painting it. I can only upload 5 pictures. If you want to see the whole build here is a link to all the pictures(they are worth the look).

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1cat9nXhvv8fuz5X7
Nice job. It looks new and great fabrication skills. Thanks for sharing.

freeon

Feb 5, 2019
Canada
Did you fabricate the rusted out panels in the cab, or were you able to purchase replacements?

Looks like it was a lot of work, looks good.
I fabricated all parts. They wanted around 700-800 each for fenders alone. It would have cost 3-4k to buy everything.

AL A

Equipment
BX1880
Aug 25, 2019
Dracut Massachusetts, USA
Wow, that's quite an ambitious project! Nicely done. I've always been impressed by people who can take on a project like this and actually carry it through to the last detail as you have.

You clearly have more skill and patience in your pinky finger than I do in my entire body.

Thanks for sharing this, I always enjoy seeing the work of others. I find it inspiring, really.

dracormbd

Equipment
L2550,loader,backhoe
Apr 9, 2019
feasterville pa
you di a great job...just bought an l2550 with loader and backhoe and thinking of painting it as well...your project result is enviable