zl-1501dt things i've done

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
my new mod, led bulbs and painted headlights, i have olso clean the glass and the mirror inside since i dissaseble the headligts to paint them.
here its day but you can see the low beams at the lights.

Attachments

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
I had a red antifreeze in the radiator and i haven't change the fan belt since i bought the tractor.
so since i remove all the thinks i clean the block and the radiator inside (i pressure wash it and the to remove the water that was in it i fill it with antifreeze and water until green stuff start to come out the holes),i paint everything and change some bolts with new ones, new tube for the whistle and clean it to look line new, i even paint the exhaust with 2 layers of high temp paint.

and then i fill it with a premixed Green solution of antifreeze

the photos are here...

Attachments

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
If my tractor happens to run away for awhile I won't mind if it shows up at your place at all:D Of course that is unless doesn't head back home when your done.:p

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
If my tractor happens to run away for awhile I won't mind if it shows up at your place at all:D Of course that is unless doesn't head back home when your done.:p
I don't mind to wash it and take care of it. :D

The problem is that i don't have the free time.
im 33 years old (at Greece the things are difficult) and my job don't give me the free time to play with my tractor or with the other things that i have here in the village,

im a computer and a network engineer, i work for some companies that need my services 24/7, i love the life at the village and i try to play every time with the bota.

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
free time today and a good weather so i remove the Glow plugs to clean them with the metal brush and test them,

i measure the time that they need to glow really hot at strait battery to 20 sec.

so i decide to bypass the indicator the text time that i will find time, because with the indicator they need 43 sec.

or i will sit and think what needs to be done and make the glow plugs faster.
does any of you have some other idea?

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
The indicator is part of the total resistance in the circuit - thus it changes the voltage and current along WITH the two other glow plugs. Most indicators are simply a wound wire that gets hot and glows along with the glowing of the glow plugs, by bypassing the indicator - you are simply placing more current to the remaining plugs. YOU could bypass ONE of the glow plugs and that ONE would get hot in less than half the time!

The glow plug indicator is a simple design to let the human "know" when the plugs were hot!

Now days that is not the case - a circuit is constantly measuring the total resistance as the plugs heat up (once they start to heat - their resistance go up) and once it reaches a desired resistance - a idiot light comes on or off and tells the operator that the plugs are ready.

If you are the only operator - you could simple bypass the indicator and install a "momentary on" switch - or better yet a relay that can handle that total amperage, and count to "20" and let go! :)

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
The indicator is part of the total resistance in the circuit - thus it changes the voltage and current along WITH the two other glow plugs. Most indicators are simply a wound wire that gets hot and glows along with the glowing of the glow plugs, by bypassing the indicator - you are simply placing more current to the remaining plugs. YOU could bypass ONE of the glow plugs and that ONE would get hot in less than half the time!

The glow plug indicator is a simple design to let the human "know" when the plugs were hot!

Now days that is not the case - a circuit is constantly measuring the total resistance as the plugs heat up (once they start to heat - their resistance go up) and once it reaches a desired resistance - a idiot light comes on or off and tells the operator that the plugs are ready.

If you are the only operator - you could simple bypass the indicator and install a "momentary on" switch - or better yet a relay that can handle that total amperage, and count to "20" and let go! :)
I know that is part of the total resistance in the circuit and that's why i need to bypass it, its really slow

i have tray the glow plugs at a battery strait and they are getting really hot after 20sec.
now as you said im the only operator and every time i need the tractor i hate to wait 60sec when we have 0 Celsius.
i try to make the kubota better,

i will bypass the indicator if i think how to make it look and function like the original and i will post if i like the result.

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I know that is part of the total resistance in the circuit and that's why i need to bypass it, its really slow

i have tray the glow plugs at a battery strait and they are getting really hot after 20sec.
now as you said im the only operator and every time i need the tractor i hate to wait 60sec when we have 0 Celsius.
i try to make the kubota better,

i will bypass the indicator if i think how to make it look and function like the original and i will post if i like the result.
on the "back" of the indicator .....there are two posts? Yes? Place a large wire across the both of them, now you have bypassed the indicator, you have now wired it straight! :):) If you ever sell it, just remove the large wire.:)

And 0 c......hell - that would be warm around here! :)It was -17 c here the other morning as I hit the glow plugs for 60 seconds! :)

And the guys up north would love to see -17 c !:eek: They might go out in shorts.....ok ...maybe not !

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
yes that's the trick with the cable back of the indicator that i have think about.
-17C, and only 60sec.
is your tractor out to the cold?
how many rotations the engine take before it fires up and working normal.
because i keep the plugs 45 to 60 sec at the winter and the small beast fires without hick-ups.
just i touch the starter and fire up
and don't forget that i have only 2cyl and this old puppies love the chamber really really hot.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
yes that's the trick with the cable back of the indicator that i have think about.
-17C, and only 60sec.
is your tractor out to the cold?
how many rotations the engine take before it fires up and working normal.
because i keep the plugs 45 to 60 sec at the winter and the small beast fires without hick-ups.
just i touch the starter and fire up
and don't forget that i have only 2cyl and this old puppies love the chamber really really hot.
My BX started just hour or so ok - glowed the girl for 30 seconds - and it turned over slowly .....battery is getting a little weak from non use, it fired up and slowly climbed to idle, it was not happy at 1200 rpms.......I didnt do anything and it got back up to 1500 as it should be at idle - then allowed a little warm up time and went about plowing some snow. Sad thing is that I need fuel and I dont have a means to go and get the diesel! HATE to drive to the nearest station .......3 miles away, shoot that would take me an hour!!!!!:D:D

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
i have some question's and some ideas.

i have found 3 different time type glow plugs for my kubota, the time that need to glow.
my small beast has the standard type the first ones which are the slowest, that's why it has slow heating times.
i think that is better not too modify the indicator and just put in the fastest ones.
what you guys think?
i have this one..

1: NGK 6525 Y-106-1 ------4.51euro

Plug Specifications
Hex Size: 12mm
Thread Size: 10mm
Thread Pitch: 1.25mm
Overall Height: 74mm
Glow Tube Length: 16mm
Terminal Type: M4 Threaded
Voltage: 10.5v
Material: Metal
Plug Type: Standard 20-25 Sec. to 800°C

2: NGK 6926 Y-106V ------6.09euro

Plug Specifications
Voltage: 10.5v
Plug Type: Rapid Glow 15-17 Sec. to 800°C

i wanna put this
3: NGK (3041) Y-706R ------22,15euro

Plug Specifications
Voltage: 11v
Plug Type: Advanced Quick Glow System approx. 6 Sec. to 900°C

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
North Idaho Wolfman what do you think about my opinion for the fast glow plugs?
are gonna work or im gonna loose 50+ euro?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
North Idaho Wolfman what do you think about my opinion for the fast glow plugs?
are gonna work or im gonna loose 50+ euro?
You will gain little, to moderate advantage from new glow plugs.
I don't know how they will react to the indicator.

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
so today i order 2 glow plugs no:2 NGK 6926 Y-106V ------2 x 6.09euro they are a litle faster from the originals and cheap for everyone to change them,

a new seat because the old one has a new big hole to the fabric and its ready to collapse of its old age,

and because i had 100euro to spent for the botta i order and two gear shift seals because the seal at the pto lever when i work a lot, spills some oil..

all of them its was 101euro.
an update is gonna be made when i install them.

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You may have a plugged vent on the transmission making it over flow the shift lever.

On my L185 (similar US model to yours) the vent is on the side of the transmission under the seat area and looks like a question mark (?) on its side. Bugs love to build nests in it.