What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I have been down and out for the past 2 1/2 weeks following my Total Knee Replacement surgery but the Kubota got used anyway. My Son and Grandson cleared out some Oak trees that had fallen across the roads on my property.

Attachments

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
We worked at the farm again. Did some mowing, cut down a tree, loaded up some scrap metal, uncovered some old implements, and got to us the new box blade. It was very productive Saturday.

Attachments

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Splitting day. I need to build a firewood shelter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Used the tractor today to fill a hole in the driveway. Loaded up a tree that I had cut down and blocked up. Took that to the shed and split it. Wasn't a lot of seat time, but it is the first in a long time. Too much rain lately.

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
Re-installed the belly skid for the winter. HST skid stays on year round (just put the cover on the MMM driveshaft window)

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Wouldn't hurt to spray some undercoating while your under there, try to keep that rust from spreading otherwise nice job.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Beautiful place John but were's the snow?:)

I wish I knew. Supposed to get some Tuesday. I would be happy if it froze up and I could go after a beech that is down in the woods. Snow this year is tracking north of me. I got mud. Want some?

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
A while back I put LED headlight bulbs in my BX2230, and while they are a lot brighter than the originals, the electric fuel pump is on the same circuit and they would flash like strobe lights before the engine started, and still pulsed with it running. Looking at the wiring diagram, the lights and the fuel pump are on the same circuit and same fuse, causing the problem.
I have a bunch of the common 12 volt automotive relays, so I decided to wire up a separate circuit to power the lights.
I have extra terminals that go in the fuse block, so I ran a 14 ga. wire from the positive battery post to the fuse block and one from the other fuse terminal to the relay common terminal. Since the headlights are all that is on that circuit I put in a 10 amp fuse. Then I ran a wire from one of the coil terminals on the relay to the negative battery post and a wire from the other relay coil terminal to the terminal on the headlight switch where the wire to the lights was attached. Then the wire to the lights was attached to the normally open relay terminal, and it was done. I secured everything with some tyraps and put the batter cover back on.

Now, the headlights are solid on with no hint of pulsing with the engine stopped or running.

Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I wish I knew. Supposed to get some Tuesday. I would be happy if it froze up and I could go after a beech that is down in the woods. Snow this year is tracking north of me. I got mud. Want some?

Careful what you ask for my friend but yes I hate mud now myself. It had been nothing but rain here but 2 days ago it turned cold and put a heavy dusting of the white stuff down but back to above freezing and more rain the next couple days. I guess as long as we're around to bitch about it, it's all good.;)

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Careful what you ask for my friend but yes I hate mud now myself. It had been nothing but rain here but 2 days ago it turned cold and put a heavy dusting of the white stuff down but back to above freezing and more rain the next couple days. I guess as long as we're around to bitch about it, it's all good.;)
Nice steady rain here when I left for work this morning at 5:30 but still warm, 48F. On the plus side I'm not having to wash road salt or brine off my truck. Highs in the low 30's for the remainder of the week and no precip so hopefully I can get out and cut up a few more trees that are down. I think I'll use the wet evening today to research a few fire wood shelter designs and retire those old pallets I'm stacking on.

Reminds me of an old saying, The more you bitch the more God punishes you by making you live longer. I may be on track for triple digits myself.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Built a new landing and stairs at the back entrance to the house. Nice to have the tractor and forks to move everything into place.

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
Moved some ice/snow from end of driveway from road plow buildup .. drove tractor uptown for sand and fuel trip took $8.04 to fill her last fill up was on 10-6-2019

artho45

Equipment
L2800
Sep 15, 2019
Ord, Nebraska, USA
Not today, but yesterday, brought in 3 bales of grass hay, which should last my "herd" for the rest of the winter. Its nice to have the tractor and not have to borrow my neighbors for this project. If the bales were any bigger, I might have some problems. I'm going to get my renter to bale me some smaller ones next year.

Attachments

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
We went out to the farm, but the rain early this morning had the spots I wanted to work in to muddy. So, cleaned the tractor, did a little routine maintenance and then headed home. Stores are crazy since they say snow and ice are coming the next couple of days.

Zaicran

Equipment
B2650, 72" MMM, LA534+QA, RCR1260
Oct 8, 2019
Morganza, MD
Used the FEL to finish leveling out an area behind my barn.

Used the MMM to mulch leaves and clear them away out of my side yard.

Used the tractor to pull a fallen tree into a clearing so I can cut it up...cut it all up and disposed of it...now my OCD won't cause my eye to twitch every time I see it. :D

While I was up to pulling things, I used the tractor to pull out an old 6x6 post out of the ground which was *usually* in the way all the time.

It surprises me how powerful these little tractors are.

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
A couple of days ago I used it to drive some fencing stakes. I just went ahead with a crowbar and started the holes then stood up the stakes, then came along with the FEL and pushed them into the ground. It was fairly soft ground but it was a heck of a lot easier than swing a 28# sledge :D
Might try it again Tuesday.

artho45

Equipment
L2800
Sep 15, 2019
Ord, Nebraska, USA
Put the edge tamers on and moved some snow. Truth be told, we only had about 2 inches of snow last night and really didn't need to clear driveway as it's going to warm up tomorrow, but boys will be boys!