New B2650

pauly

Equipment
2014 B2650, LA534A FEL,B2781B Snow Blower, Land Pride RCR 1260 Land Pride RB157
Sep 23, 2014
East Troy Wisconsin USA
Regarding the ballast box. If you plan on getting a rear blade/box blade you probably don’t need the ballast box. They are nice if you are doing loader work in a tight area or if you don’t plan on getting any rear attachments. I got one and it has been sitting idle after I got a rear blade and box scrapper. Just a thought.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
Pauly has a point, it also reminds me of my most convenient attachment the LP Quick Hitch. It makes changing between my 72” rear blade or landscape rake, to ballast box, to flail mower a snap. And it was almost free as my second implement when I purchased the tractor. An added benefit is it moves whatever is on the 3 pt back maybe 6” adding to counterbalance.
In my case having the narrow ballast box on vs a 72” implement is a lot more convenient. And since it’s such an easy swap that’s what I use. Plus it incorporates tubes to carry my shovel and rake. I forget what I paid but it came from Titan Attachments and it wasn’t very much money. I did buy 2 cans of Kubota orange spray to make it match. :)

Zaicran

Equipment
B2650, 72" MMM, LA534+QA, RCR1260
Oct 8, 2019
Morganza, MD
Do you know if your dealer loaded your rear tiers? That could add a few hundred pounds of ballast if they are filled. If you bought the tractor with the FEL installed as a package, I think most dealers fill the rear tires as standard practice, but I would look into if that's the case. If the dealer didnt mention it, and you are unsure, go poke the tire stem at 6 o'clock and check. Last thing I would suggest is if your tires are filled it may be worth it to check the level by rotating the stem to find where the level is. In my case and many others on here, the tires came really unevenly filled. In my case, one of my tires was 100% filled nearly, leaving hardly any room for air. The other tire was filled to around 65%. I had to drain the one to match the one at 65%. Just some suggestions. Enjoy that new tractor!
It wasn't mentioned. I'll check. Thank you

Zaicran

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Morganza, MD
Regarding the ballast box. If you plan on getting a rear blade/box blade you probably don’t need the ballast box. They are nice if you are doing loader work in a tight area or if you don’t plan on getting any rear attachments. I got one and it has been sitting idle after I got a rear blade and box scrapper. Just a thought.
I did get the RCR1260 rotary...not very efficient for ballast, but works. (For now) I think a box blade would be better than a ballast box anyway come to think of it...ballast box only does one thing...

Zaicran

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Morganza, MD
Pauly has a point, it also reminds me of my most convenient attachment the LP Quick Hitch. It makes changing between my 72” rear blade or landscape rake, to ballast box, to flail mower a snap. And it was almost free as my second implement when I purchased the tractor. An added benefit is it moves whatever is on the 3 pt back maybe 6” adding to counterbalance.
In my case having the narrow ballast box on vs a 72” implement is a lot more convenient. And since it’s such an easy swap that’s what I use. Plus it incorporates tubes to carry my shovel and rake. I forget what I paid but it came from Titan Attachments and it wasn’t very much money. I did buy 2 cans of Kubota orange spray to make it match. :)
Pretty good points made here...I see a bunch of attachments in my future, lol

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Somebody on here fabricated a rack to carry suit case weights on their box blade to add more weight to it for more ballast. I can’t remember who it was or if it was in the fab section or implement section. Like said, the ballast box only does one thing. I don’t have one, just use an implement, but I usually don’t have to worry about how far back it sticks out.

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
It wasn't mentioned. I'll check. Thank you
There may be a sticker on the rims stating they filled the tires.

You probably figured it out already, but if you are checking air pressure or letting air out and the tires are filled, put the valve stem at the top, 12 o'clock.

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
There are some youtube videos of homemade ballast boxes that are multi functional.

Worth viewing if a ballast box or carry all is needed.

pauly

Equipment
2014 B2650, LA534A FEL,B2781B Snow Blower, Land Pride RCR 1260 Land Pride RB157
Sep 23, 2014
East Troy Wisconsin USA
The box blade is a very handy implement. For me the rear blade for snow and the box blade have seen the most use. Followed by the land plane and front mount snow blower.

Zaicran

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Morganza, MD
The box blade is a very handy implement. For me the rear blade for snow and the box blade have seen the most use. Followed by the land plane and front mount snow blower.
I'll never need a snow blower, we don't get enough snow here. The FEL bucket will be fine for the occasional snow we get...plus I already have a good size snow blower for the one offs. I've used it once in 5 years.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Agree with what some others have said, You said yuou don't get much snow so I would purchase a good box blade next. I have a Land Pride BB1260 and it works nicely for ballast. And I have moved a LOT of gravel. I have a thread in here somewhere (My B2620 Pics) showing the over 300 tonnes of gravel I have moved and the roads I built.

The box blade is the most handy thing next to the loader. It can dig, level, smooth, doze, snow removal, etc. I have a hydraulic angle blade too and it just sits in the shed unused.

You won't ever feel sorry you spent money on a box blade.

Zaicran

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Morganza, MD
Agree with what some others have said, You said yuou don't get much snow so I would purchase a good box blade next. I have a Land Pride BB1260 and it works nicely for ballast. And I have moved a LOT of gravel. I have a thread in here somewhere (My B2620 Pics) showing the over 300 tonnes of gravel I have moved and the roads I built.

The box blade is the most handy thing next to the loader. It can dig, level, smooth, doze, snow removal, etc. I have a hydraulic angle blade too and it just sits in the shed unused.

You won't ever feel sorry you spent money on a box blade.
Good info, thank you :)