GR2707 snow blower chute rotation worm issue

TwentyIncher

Equipment
GR2110, GR2707
Feb 19, 2020
Northern Michigan
I have a GR2707 snow blower on my 2010 GR2110 tractor and it's been a great setup for me. A few days ago the electric chute rotator started making a clunking sound, and then it stopped rotating the chute altogether. I looked and the spiral rod that makes up the rotation worm was cracked and separated, and it looked like it may have been repaired before.

I ordered a new one and it came today. I took the old one off, and I'm not seeing what I'm supposed to do next. The old one has a center shaft that interfaces with the electric motor and the new one doesn't. The shaft on the old one looks like it's held in by by a roll pin and the new one has roll pin holes but they're in a totally different location.

Did I order the wrong rotation worm? Did they change the design between 2010 and now, and I just need a new center shaft for the new worm? I don't know what's going on. I haven't found a relevant YouTube video or online repair guide that even shows a good parts diagram for the electric chute rotation system on the 2707.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
What was the P/N you ordered?

What was the P/N you got?

that looks nothing like the part that you should have gotten.

You should have P/N 70060-01363