LA805 Simultaneous Lift and Curl

dochsml

Equipment
L4701HST
Jan 21, 2020
Leonard, TX, USA
I have a new LA765 loader. The same graphic / verbiage is in my manual as well. However, I regularly lift and roll back with the stick in the lower left corner. Maybe I'm just babying it, but I haven't noticed any real decrease in lifting ability. It could be because the curl / roll back is already curled / rolled back pretty quickly while the loader is still low. Anyway, it was one of the main reasons I went with Kubota (old tractor wouldn't do it) and I spent a minute or two while test driving testing this specific thing.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Below are a couple partial posts from this thread - page 2 took a little tangent from the original question, but I think answered the question here. Someone did post the same Manual language, but I didn't get it then:

https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44981&page=2

Originally Posted by Dave_eng

However, the lower left position

(Raise & Roll back) is not recommended for scooping

because of insufficient lift force.

I am not contradicting what other have said and only wish to add more info to the discussion.

Dave -

I noticed that same reference earlier in another thread for a LA805 loader, but I didn't catch the mention of lift force until now.

https://www.orangetractortalks.com/f...ad.php?t=44460

In that thread, both Hue and I noticed lack of the dual-function with significant weight in the bucket.

While the loader does support both functions at once...don't count on it if you're really working it. I can hear the relief kick in...there's the "insufficient lift force,"; curl seems to work fine.

Again, for me it's not an issue as it's literally a 1 second delay with a full bucket of stone or dirt.

Like I said before, I have no problem at all with lift/curl with an empty bucket. It is still a very nice feature.

Sooo, Kubota is not falsely advertising the multi-function, it just has to be qualified. I understand some small JD's don't support it at all.

Thanks for posting that....

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The real confusion is there is 2 different loader valves, one valve does not support the dual function and the other does.
The manuals are written with the assumption that they all had the limited loader valve, were a lot of them are actually equipped with the dual function valve. ;)

OLD GAR

Equipment
MF210, FORD 8N, BIG TEX CH18,
Aug 3, 2015
ZWOLLE
As of now I am an owner of a BX 2350. While going through all the hydraulic functions I was disappointed to discover that it won't lift and curl at the same time. My old B7100 does and I'll miss that.

OLD GAR

Equipment
MF210, FORD 8N, BIG TEX CH18,
Aug 3, 2015
ZWOLLE
The real confusion is there is 2 different loader valves, one valve does not support the dual function and the other does.
The manuals are written with the assumption that they all had the limited loader valve, were a lot of them are actually equipped with the dual function valve. ;)
AHH HA! My BX, new to me since last week, doesn't even have quick disconnects on this valve. I would sure like to change that valve out it it didn't wreck my checking account. :rolleyes: