kubota L185 / Z751 engine

cmh

Equipment
L185 : B6400
Aug 17, 2009
medina, ohio
I have a L185 with a Z751 engine in it. I am looking for a head for this engine. The one I have is cracked and severly pitted on #1 Jug. This head is now obsolete according to Kubota. Or does anyone know of a bolt in engine swap for this tractor? In my honest opinion this is to much tractor for the 17.5 HP it left the factory with. About 25 to 30 would be more approperiate in my opinion.
Thank You
Mark Harris

cmh

Equipment
Aug 17, 2009
medina, ohio
Well Thank You, that is the valve cover, but it is the closest link I have found twards the actual head itself. I have sent them a message looking for the head. Thank You for the lead. cmh:rolleyes

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA

cmh

Equipment
Aug 17, 2009
medina, ohio
Thank you for the lead, I will go after one of these heads right away. A bare head is better than no head at all ! All the goodie's that go into the casting are still available from kubota, including the injectors. And yes I would like to know how you found out he would take less ? how did you scrap 2 heads? Now that I have a soon to be good engine ( I bought all the goodies before tearing it down) It was quite obviouse there was bad valves because when you cranked it, it would blow your hand off the air intake every other time around. I am now back on my search for a small turbo to mount on this tractor. I want to build about 7 lbs boost @ 1300 to 1500 rpm. maybe as much as 10 lbs @ 2600rpm. Finding a turbo for this small of a cu/in displacement / low rpm range; is also becomming nerve racking. If it was a 2 stroke that spun 10,000 it would be easy, just go take one off a jet ski !
>> any other suggestions, or places to go & spend my little money the wife lets me have ! <<
AGAIN MANY THANK'S THIS TRACTOR IS VERY MUCH CHERRISHED BY MY DAD
( FOR WHAT EVER REASON ! ist gutless for its size !). HE WILL BE HAPPY WHEN HE RETURNS TO VISIT NEXT YEAR. Mark Harris

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I guess to be more specific I should say that my cyl head had two cracks in each firing chamber. It was obviously overheated before I got it because I am very meticulous with my stuff (ok I'm anal:D) After we rode a hay ride one year using this tractor it started going down hill quite noticeably. There were hints before but nothing I could put a finger on and no problems starting or running. When fluids started swapping and crank time became longer the red flag was up:eek:

I got all my parts before getting to the liners and now I hope the block is ok:(

You must have gotten a head because I see the "number available" went down.

The guides and seats are included;)

It won't be so guttless once you get some compression. Mine did quite well. I need weights to keep the front end on the ground! Seriously.

Last edited:

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I see that Wengers shows a listing for that head too. Theirs was a reman though. :( I don't think I would go reman because this sytem is to vulnerable to this problem.
A B6000 I had broke a reman head the second time in it's life so that makes me think against the idea that reman is stronger:rolleyes: