B2601 and B2650 price check qtr 3 rebates 2017

jsummer2

Jul 6, 2017
WV
I decided to pull this question from another thread I have discussing what tractor is best for my needs in order to help get specific price responses and to possibly help others interested in price checks for these two in the future.
"My dilemma is the cost difference between B2601 vs B2650. I really like the added loader capacity for a future grabble use on the 50, to clean up around the property but (after the dealer came down to $20400) the B2650 is still $2550 more than B2601. Digging through past posts, it seemed like most people were looking at about $1500 price difference. Being a new rebate quarter might account for a small part of that but maybe only $500 or so. Has anyone recently purchased either that can chim in? B2601 with loader and ssqa 60" bucket, 60"mmm comes in at $17850. The price listed above is for the same configuration for the B2650.

I'd appreciate any responses on recent price quotes others have gotten on either of these tractors. Thanks in advance.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
I got mine at an open house but it was a cab model so that adds quite a bit, don't know if it would be useful to you. Just the tractor was $25,200 plus I got some discounts.

Last edited:

Rookie Farmer

Equipment
B2650 SSQD forks 60" rear finish mower
Jun 9, 2017
Tenino, WA
I got my B2650 for $1300 more than a B2601, so it was a pretty simple decision for me, plus it was in stock vs. 3 week wait for the 2601. My package is 2650, loaded rear wheels, SSQT, 42" pallet forks, 3 pt. hitch receiver, and a Landpride FDR 1660 rear finish mower. I paid $22,000 after taxes. The extra capacity is nice because I found out I still need ballast for using my forks.

jsummer2

Jul 6, 2017
WV
I got my B2650 for $1300 more than a B2601, so it was a pretty simple decision for me, plus it was in stock vs. 3 week wait for the 2601. My package is 2650, loaded rear wheels, SSQT, 42" pallet forks, 3 pt. hitch receiver, and a Landpride FDR 1660 rear finish mower. I paid $22,000 after taxes. The extra capacity is nice because I found out I still need ballast for using my forks.
Ok. That makes me feel better about both quotes I was given. They seem to be about in the same ballpark while "quess-to-mating" on some of the accessory prices. For one reason or another, I think my dealer is able to give a better deal on the B2601 compared to the B2650. Thanks for posting

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
I was talking to the dealer while getting fluids and filters and she said that she could not keep the B2650 in stock, they went out as soon as she got one. I tend to believe her because mine was still in the box when I bought it. Earlier last year I tried a B3350 and decided I liked the size but did not want the DPF hassle and did not need the few extra HP. My main reason for going with this model was the factory cab, last winter was a real eye opener and 8Ns do not have heaters, lol.

Rookie Farmer

Equipment
B2650 SSQD forks 60" rear finish mower
Jun 9, 2017
Tenino, WA
I don't think you can wrong on either one. You are the one that has to be happy with your purchase. To be honest I didn't even shop Kubota dealer vs. Kubota dealer. I wasn't going to travel farther to another dealer, I just don't have time for that. I shopped different brands near me and chose an orange tractor over the others. One feature that the B2650 has that the 2601 doesn't, is the tilt wheel. Didn't seam like a big deal at the time but it is nice for both my wife and I to be comfortable.

jsummer2

Jul 6, 2017
WV
I ended up deciding on the B2601, at the price and with the options described above. Should be delivered next week. Holding off on any implements either the purchase. I've been looking at the Everything Attachments 48" brush hog and 42" pallet forks and may get them sooner or later. Thanks for the replies

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
in my area of Ohio....

there is a bigger difference in price than most of you guys are showing.

my 2601 was $17 something & the 2650 in the same set up was $20K & change..

pretty good price difference to me. & my 2601 does everything i want & more.

BUT if you like the 2650? BUY IT.

dont settle on LESS than you want. you will regret it later.

edit note: just saw you were in WV........... are you looking at buying from PARCS? or RICERS? if so they CAN do better than they tell you.

jsummer2

Jul 6, 2017
WV
in my area of Ohio....

there is a bigger difference in price than most of you guys are showing.

my 2601 was $17 something & the 2650 in the same set up was $20K & change..

pretty good price difference to me. & my 2601 does everything i want & more.

BUT if you like the 2650? BUY IT.

dont settle on LESS than you want. you will regret it later.

edit note: just saw you were in WV........... are you looking at buying from PARCS? or RICERS? if so they CAN do better than they tell you.
I'm getting it from Thompsons in Worthington. Very pleasant interaction so far. Called Parcs and they quoted a much higher price, then quickly dropped it to match Thompsons. But I would rather go with good people that don't try to rook you from the start

Last edited:

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
I'm getting it from Thompsons in Worthington. Very pleasant interaction so far. Called Parcs and they quoted a much higher price, then quickly dropped it to match Thompsons. But I would rather go with good people that don't try to rook you from the start

LOL.... as long as you are dealing with good people... thats all that matters.

same here.. Parcs had it in stock.. & had a higher price. when i told them i was price shopping & had been to Ricers...

just like for you: they dropped the price to within $50 of Ricers without even asking what Ricers price was.

so YES i purchased it from Ricers. Lesa at Ricers is a great salesperson & good to work with. that always means a lot.

good people on your end will too!

s