3 Point hitch lever has excess play. What next?

TomAce82

Equipment
B6200, box blade, brush hog, loader, rototiller, landscape rake
Jun 8, 2019
Santa Cruz, CA
Hey guys, worked on my new to me B6200hst today. I attempted to tighten the play out of the 3pt raise/lower lever. Mine seems excessively loose. I could be wrong without any prior tractor experience, but it seems like a pretty obvious realization once you use it.

So, after researching on this great site (which has been as fun as doing the work), I decided to attempt to get to a nut which was suppose to tighten it up. It did not. Which means, next step in the troubleshoot is to replace a bushing and two washers to shore it up, which should be the fix. Before I order them, however, I'm unsure of the procedure for replacing said washers and bushing.

The concern is actually regarding a cover or two under the seat area that look like they will have to be removed. They may or may not have gaskets under them, as well. I'm not even sure what they are for... Can anyone tell me the procedure for replacing this bushing and washer correctly? I've found a blow up of the parts in question while researching this fix, and attached it. Also, a few photos of the tractor itself. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You can remove that plate, it's just a reinforcement plate so no fluid of gaskets.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Sounds like it's bushing time. Also that tractor needs a serious bath. The apparent dirt will accelerate the bushing wear.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Both plates? The thicker plate also? Looks like they are kinda of stacked and use two of the same bolts.
Sorry yes the thicker plate, is the cylinder cover, make sure the three point is down before you open it up, there will be 2 O-rings under it get one of each to replace them.

P/N 04810-50550
P/N 04811-00080

Attachments

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sounds like it's bushing time. Also that tractor needs a serious bath. The apparent dirt will accelerate the bushing wear.
There is no bushing, it's spring washers, the OP is already on the right track to repairing it. ;)

TomAce82

Equipment
Jun 8, 2019
Santa Cruz, CA
Sorry yes the thicker plate, is the cylinder cover, make sure the three point is down before you open it up, there will be 2 O-rings under it get one of each to replace them.

P/N 04810-50550
P/N 04811-00080

Thanks, Wolfman! I feel like I'm getting ready to tackle this. I'm trying to be patient and calculated since its my first time opening up this tractor. Just want to be prepared for replacing gaskets/seals/fluids if necessary.

So, I'll purchase the two "spring washers" and bushing, from my parts blow up picture, and the two o-rings from your parts blow up picture. Any other parts you think I may need? a

Also, is this the "fix" to eliminate the slack/play in the lever? It seems like it should be, if not, I'll start somewhere else. Thanks guys!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks, Wolfman! I feel like I'm getting ready to tackle this. I'm trying to be patient and calculated since its my first time opening up this tractor. Just want to be prepared for replacing gaskets/seals/fluids if necessary.

So, I'll purchase the two "spring washers" and bushing, from my parts blow up picture, and the two o-rings from your parts blow up picture. Any other parts you think I may need? a

Also, is this the "fix" to eliminate the slack/play in the lever? It seems like it should be, if not, I'll start somewhere else. Thanks guys!
Yes your on the right track to fixing the lever issue.

I think you have all the parts that you need.
You might lose a little fluid so just check the level after you button it back up.

TomAce82

Equipment
Jun 8, 2019
Santa Cruz, CA
Yes your on the right track to fixing the lever issue.

I think you have all the parts that you need.
You might lose a little fluid so just check the level after you button it back up.

I'll order the parts this weekend and try to get it done in the next week or so. I'll post updates with what I hope is a "like new" feel in my lever. Thanks Wolfman