3pt Stuck in Up Position on B8200

wdlanning

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3750, L4310, B20, Genie Boom
Nov 7, 2016
philadelphia pa
The arms will fall down after the engine is off for some time. When the engine starts the arms come full up. The lever on the control valve has no effect. Lots of force will not move the arms down.

FEL works fine...maybe a little slow. I noticed that the return from the FEL valve is plumbed to the port on the transmission under the seat (bypasses the distribution valve). I will correct this at some future time in the event the FEL is removed.

I have tried disconnecting the feedback arm and moving it along with the lever, but no change. When the lever is moved to full up position, it puts a load on the tractor so I immediately moved it to the down position. No sounds from the control valve. This valve has been worked on previously, but not by me, so I don't know what was done.

Are there any tests that I should try before I start to remove and open the control valve? I do not know what to look for after I dis-assemble the valve.
Need a lot of help here, please.

It is a B8200HST....I review 20 pages related to 3pt but no good help.

Last edited:

windzer

Equipment
Bx2370-1
Dec 8, 2015
Illinois usa
Is there a knob that controls how fast the three point lowers to the ground sometimes it get bumped and closes and that will keep the arms from lowering if u find that knob turn it counter clockwise and see if that works

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
see if your up/down 3pt lever is operating. If it is disconnected.. nothing will change as you move it, thus if it is sitting at raise/up it will stay there.

windzer

Equipment
Bx2370-1
Dec 8, 2015
Illinois usa
Im talking about a knob think outdoor water faucet idk if your model has this or not but its a knob if you turn it clockwise it slows the hydraulic flow to the 3pt the more u turn it the more it slows all the way till it wont move at all if u turn it counterclockwise it speeds it up

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
Im talking about a knob think outdoor water faucet idk if your model has this or not but its a knob if you turn it clockwise it slows the hydraulic flow to the 3pt the more u turn it the more it slows all the way till it wont move at all if u turn it counterclockwise it speeds it up
Yes, it will be underneath the seat atleast that's where it is on my B8200. There should be some sort of marking on or around the knob displaying function.

The linkage for the 3ph 'up down positioning' is also easily found under the seat and at the rear of the machine. Just look at the bottom of the lever and follow the connecting rod/linkage backwards.

I'm not sure what he means when he mentions "disconnecting the feedback arm"?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Yes, it will be underneath the seat atleast that's where it is on my B8200. There should be some sort of marking on or around the knob displaying function.

The linkage for the 3ph 'up down positioning' is also easily found under the seat and at the rear of the machine. Just look at the bottom of the lever and follow the connecting rod/linkage backwards.

I'm not sure what he means when he mentions "disconnecting the feedback arm"?
Usually there is an adjustable link connected to one of the lift arms which stops the 3 pt from going any higher. It kicks off the hydraulic valve. It is providing feedback to the 3 pt valve on the lift height of the arms.

Found an image of the feedback rod for B8200

Dave

Last edited:

wdlanning

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 7, 2016
philadelphia pa
I have removed the feedback rod and tried moving it when the lever is in full open position. Made no difference on the load on tractor.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sadly it sounds like someone that has been into the three point valve has mucked something up.
I'm betting that you'll have to get into it to fix whatever they changed or broke.

wdlanning

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 7, 2016
philadelphia pa
Re: 3pt Stuck in Up Position on B8200 UPDATE

I removed the control valve from the tractor. When I removed the front cover, I found that the lever spoon between the control lever and the feedback rod was disconnected from tumbler spool 2. After many tries, finally got the lever spoon connected between the arms of the lever and feedback rod.
Of course I thought that I had found the problem...however, it was part of the problem, but the lift arms will not go down by themselves. I can now push them down, where I could not before, but they immediately return to the full up position.
My next step is to remove the valve and dis-assembly it to inspect the poppets. Looking through the two ports I do not see any movement of the internal rods when I move the control lever.
I am also questioning whether there is something disconnected to the cylinder in the lift rod cover. When the tractor is off, there is no resistance when I move the lift arms up and down. I would think that I should feel oil being moved to the control valve or something.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

When the tractor is off, there is no resistance when I move the lift arms up and down. I would think that I should feel oil being moved to the control valve or something.
Let me see if I have this right?

When it's running you can push down on the three point, but then it will just go back up?

If that's the case it's probably just a feed back rod adjustment issue.

The three point will have no resistance or fluid movement when it's shut off and down, as the connection from the rockshaft (splined shaft that connect to the lift arms) and the lift piston is not connected, it only pushes on the rockshaft connecting rod. In other words the piston does not have a wrist pin, just a cup that the connecting rod sits in, this make the three point float and not have down pressure.

wdlanning

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 7, 2016
philadelphia pa

Hey Wolfman
I moved the feedback lever in every combination with the control lever.
I am glad that the piston can be eliminated from my problem. Thanks

Since you thought it could be the feedback lever, it is connected to the spool 1 through the lever between the feedback and control lever. That spool has an adjustment nut on it. Could that be the issue? Nothing in the WSM about any adjustment. However, it looks like it just secures the tumbler spool connector. Spool 1 controls the up/down fluid flow. I plan to dis-assembly and hope for an obvious culprit.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I emailed you a link for the WSM for that model.
Look on pages M.7-5 thru M.7-13 for the explanation of it's workings and adjustment procedure.