LA853 on L5030 lifts halfway

BEllington

Equipment
L5030 LA853
Sep 10, 2019
Hahira
I bought a used 2003 L5030 with LA853 loader. Control valve has YW232-0011 2 on the back of the unit. When loader lifts about 2 feet, it starts straining and both head end and shaft end cylinder hoses feel tight. If I loosen the shaft end connection and allow fluid to leak into a bucket while lifting, it lifts all the way. I have the head end of the lift cylinder connected to 1B and shaft end to 1A.

I pulled the control valve off and checked to see why I have pressure on the shaft side lift cylinder while lifting. I discovered the spool opens the shaft side cylinder port to the BY port on the valve, NOT the T port as I was expecting. The only time 1A or 1B opens to T port is when the valve is in float. Is this normal, or has someone put the incorrect spool in the valve?

Or, is there something I need to do with the 3 pt to allow it to release the pressure that seems to be building?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
The loader valve possibly has internal load check valves so your test will be misleading.

Does the loader bucket operate properly?

Did the tractor lift arms work like this since you got it?

How many hoses connect to the loader valve? 6 or 7.

If you swap bucket and lift arm hoses on the loader valve, do the loader arms now work properly.

Usually, these problems are ultimately traced to a hose in the wrong place.

Dave

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
This may not be relevant to your situation but if my three point control is positioned to raise my FEL doesn't work correctly. If I back the three point off a bit all is well.

BEllington

Equipment
L5030 LA853
Sep 10, 2019
Hahira
Thank you both for your responses. After repairing all the cylinder leaks and adjusting the control cables, things seem to be working as they should be. Apparently the lift side is supposed to dump through the BY port.

Dave, you are correct, it was impossible to get any flow without removing the load check valves. I also had to remove the dime that someone placed in the supply line to get any flow.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
I also had to remove the dime that someone placed in the supply line to get any flow.
What?.. Someone actually placed a dime to restrict/block flow? :confused:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
You would not believe how many things like that I have found in and around mining equipment on the surface and underground

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Obviously the previous owner has a problem with too much flow the way it was plumbed. If that's the case inserting the dime is not an outlandish solution.

You now apparently have it plumbed correctly and the dime is not needed as a restrictor.

I bought a used Vicon disc mower at scrap price and it was broken because someone removed the restrictor to get the cylinder to drop the cutting arm quicker. It's simply a fitting with a hole in it the dia. of the tip of a round tooth pick. Cost $60! I made one, but didn't use a dime. Still using the mower 8 years later.