B2601 Snowblower advice

talvion

Sep 16, 2019
New Hampshire
Hi everyone,

I've pretty much decided on purchasing a B2601 for my tractor but I'm having a hard time deciding on which snowblower model to go with. Initially I decided I wanted both hydraulic chute rotation and deflection, but based on what some near by dealers are offering I'm a little confused.

Option 1: B2781B 51" blower. I initially was going to go with this because it was the only blower the dealer was offering that had both hydraulic chute rotation and deflector. The dealer listed it as "Super Heavy Duty" My research seems to indicate this is a chain drive model which may be inferior to a gear driven model?

Option 2: BX5455HD 55" blower. This is the other option from the same dealer as the one above and is listed as just "Heavy Duty". I believe this model is all gear driven and made a bit more heavy duty than the one above, but they only offer an electric chute deflector which may be ok?

Option 3: BX2822A 55" blower. Another dealer offered me a package with this blower. I can't find much information so I don't really understand how it compares to the BX5455HD. Apparently this one is rated for commercial use and has an available hydraulic chute deflector.

Can anyone advice me on which one of these snowblowers is the best?

Thanks for your help!

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I've seen people suggesting the commercial model is the best of the three, I don't have any of them myself. Are they all similar price? If so, then I think option 3 would be a bargain.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
The beginning letter prefix in the model number tells you what model series tractors the snowblower was originally designed for. The B2781B 51” is designed for a B series tractor along the B2782B 63” blower. The BX5455HD and BX2822A, are designed for the BX series but will work on the B series tractors too. I have a B2782B 63” with hydraulic rotation and I added a hydraulic cylinder on the deflector on my B2920, and it is a snowblowing beast. Depending on how much area you have to do, any of the choices will work. I was told by my dealer that the B series blowers are a little heavier built than the BX series. I don’t know if that is true or not.

werfitter40

Equipment
B2601-1, LA435 Loader, 3rd Function, BX2822A Snowblower, QH, RB, BB, LR.
Apr 30, 2019
US
I am in the process of purchasing a 2019 B2601-1. From what I have learned the BX2822A is a K- Connect style hitch. The K-Connect sure appears to be beefier and more user friendly than the previous style hitch. This new hitch has been available the last couple of years on the BX 80 series. Messick's has a good YouTube video of the K-Connect.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I can't comment on the 3 blowers being discussed, but I will say that having rotation and deflection is a big plus in tight areas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

SMKK

Equipment
B2650
Aug 22, 2019
Lachine, QC
From the Kubota site the list below are the ones recommended for the B2601
All three dealers I visited when I was shopping for my B2650 recommended the B2782B - 63"

Also GP Outdoors (Good YouTube channel) has a B2601 with the same blower you can see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K534t8cJsU

I havent tried mine yet, but the mechanic at the dealer when he was giving me the walk around, said the the unit is well matched to throw the snow a good distance without any issues.

On thing I was told by the mechanic too, adding the chute deflection yourself is way cheaper then ordering it from the dealer. I went manual on the chute deflection, because I have fields on each side of my driveway so no problem just blasting the snow anywhere.

B2781B 51" Quick Hitch Manual Rotation Manual Deflection
B2782B 63" Quick Hitch Hydraulic Rotation Hydraulic Deflection
BX2750D 50" Quick Hitch Optional Hydraulic Rotation Manual Deflection
BX2755HD 55" Quick Hitch Hydraulic Rotation Manual Deflection

Last edited:

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Hmmm, what a coincidence... was just at our local dealer today and was looking at the B2601 on their shop floor. It was equipped with a BX-series blower that uses the K-connect.

The previous generation of quick disconnect appears to be a much more simple device, however its total bearing area seems less than the K-connect, so I suspect for heavy-duty commercial use where you're banging into concrete curbs all day long the K-connect would last longer.

With that having been said, I have three of the B-series blowers, the newest of which is the B2782B. All of them work just fine and throw snow very well, even wet, heavy snow.

My B2782B is equipped with hydraulic chute rotation. The B2771 is equipped with a home-brew rotator fabricated from a 12V car power seat actuator. The B2781 is equipped with a home-brew 12V winch as a chute rotator. Of the three of them I very strongly prefer the power seat-driven chute. It provides a degree of control that is far better than either the hydraulic or winch-based rotators. It moves at just the right speed to allow me to blow snow into a nice pile if I so choose.

With respect to chute deflection control, this one is a total no-brainer. With only a very small amount of mechanical skill one can fabricate the brackets necessary to allow the chute deflection to be controlled by a 12V linear actuator. Do a search on this discussion forum and you'll find several folks who have similarly-modified their Kubota blowers. For the one's I've installed I chose a 4" stroke actuator which cost me CAD$80, plus a male and female metal 4-pin trailer connector to act as a quick-disconnect at the nose of the tractor. With switches and wiring etc one might have $150 tied up in this installation.

I should mention that all three of my tractors are of similar horsepower, a B2410, and a pair of B7510s. The 63" blower definitely loads the tractor more heavily but is still well-suited to the tractor. I don't find myself moving appreciably faster with the 51" blower.

Hope this helps.

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
Bought a B2601 a few years ago and installed a BX2755HD front blower. Used it for the last two winters and couldn't be happier with both tractor and blower. Blows quicker then my old rear mount and so great to see where your going then looking back at where you've been. Never hated clearing snow but now it's more enjoyable.

werfitter40

Equipment
B2601-1, LA435 Loader, 3rd Function, BX2822A Snowblower, QH, RB, BB, LR.
Apr 30, 2019
US
My dealer sent pictures of my tractor and attachments. I notice that the chute will be fairly easy to add a hydraulic deflector. No pics of K-Connect. I pick it up Friday morning. I'll try to post more pics once I get the tractor home. IMG_1922.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk