What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

doublebass73

Equipment
L2501F, 68" Pull Type Snowblower, Spreader, Dirt Scoop
Oct 7, 2020
NH
I moved a 500 gallon propane tank with the boom pole. The tank was empty.
20220531_145949.jpg

Reactions: 12 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I moved a 500 gallon propane tank with the boom pole. The tank was empty. View attachment 81101
That reminds me so much of the small tractors I put hundreds of hours on as a kid and young man. 2WD, R1’s, no loader, no backhoe, gear drive, work lights on the back. Just the 3 point and PTO to get work done (and you can get a LOT of work done with just those two). The ROPS throws it off a little but they definitely need to stay. Yours is a lot shinier and prettier, though.

Last year my father saw mine after I’d been mowing a flat field with a bunch of little trees in it. Loader removed, ROPS down. He said, “Wow. It actually looks like a tractor.” Kind of my reaction to seeing yours. Very nice.

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I moved a 500 gallon propane tank with the boom pole. The tank was empty. View attachment 81101
That's awesome. I ordered a boom pole this week but it's a SSQA model. I was going to say that it'd be good to have a 3-point to SSQA adapter, but then it occurred to me that the boom pole is rated at 1,800lb so there really wouldn't be any benefit.

Reactions: 1 user

ejb11235

Equipment
BX23S, Braber BBR4G 4' Box Blade & LRM5G 5' landscape rake
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
I got my new box blade unloaded. I don't intend to make my lifting technique a common practice, but I needed to get this thing out of my truck. With my truck empty I was able to move the wood pile that was blocking my access to a double-stump I've been trying to get out. Cut a couple of roots with the sawzall and eventually excavated enough that I could tow it out with my truck. First attempt with the truck failed, even with a couple of trial run-and-jerk attempts ... didn't have any wood to try running the rope over to give a lifting action, so I continued using my backhoe until it was fully loose then went back in with the truck.

Getting this stump out was a big deal because it's been blocking the end of my extension driveway where I'm planning on putting my "maintenance" area ... maybe a couple of 20' shipping containers with a roof over them so I have a covered place to park my tractor.
IMG_20220601_091904696_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220601_124053601.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Bugzilla46310

Equipment
2022 BX2680 198? AC 916H
May 22, 2022
Demotte, IN
Signed the paperwork for a BX2680. Should be delivered Monday or Tuesday. Bought the oil filter and hydraulic filter for the initial oil changes.
Sold my Bad Boy Maverick in 1 day on FB market place for what I was asking and the Simplicity in 3 days for a tad less than I was asking. That pays for half of the BX!

Reactions: 8 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Getting this stump out was a big deal because it's been blocking the end of my extension driveway where I'm planning on putting my "maintenance" area ... maybe a couple of 20' shipping containers with a roof over them so I have a covered place to park my tractor.
Have you seen the price of shipping containers recently? Crazy prices at the moment. Hopefully you already have the containers. I like your thinking. I'm desperately in need of a place to put tractors. I despise seeing them sitting out in the sun.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Gave the loader its scheduled 40 hour greasing and did some tilling then a bit of loader work leveling off some high spots around my property line.

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
Have you seen the price of shipping containers recently? Crazy prices at the moment. Hopefully you already have the containers. I like your thinking. I'm desperately in need of a place to put tractors. I despise seeing them sitting out in the sun.
Nope, don't have any containers yet. Fortunately, I don't have any money to buy them, even if they were cheap. I checked out craigslist a couple of days ago, and noticed that none of the ads quoted an actual price ... last year they were quoting prices. Who knows what will happen ... I know all sorts of weird things are happening in the shipping business these days.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Nope, don't have any containers yet. Fortunately, I don't have any money to buy them, even if they were cheap. I checked out craigslist a couple of days ago, and noticed that none of the ads quoted an actual price ... last year they were quoting prices. Who knows what will happen ... I know all sorts of weird things are happening in the shipping business these days.
It's funny how things work out. Last year I was quoted $8k for two 20ft containers delivered. I had the MX6000 open station and BX25 and both would have fit and that was my intention. I put off buying them until they were so overpriced that I didn't want to buy them, and by that time I had two tractors that wouldn't fit in 20ft containers.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
It's funny how things work out. Last year I was quoted $8k for two 20ft containers delivered. I had the MX6000 open station and BX25 and both would have fit and that was my intention. I put off buying them until they were so overpriced that I didn't want to buy them, and by that time I had two tractors that wouldn't fit in 20ft containers.
Yesterday I was toying with the idea of getting a 30' or 40' container and a 20' container and putting them at right angles to each other, with the 20 footer overlapping the last 8' of the longer container ... so I get a corner. This area is within the 100' well protection zone of both my and my neighbor's well heads, so I can't build a structure. Obviously I have to be super careful about ground contamination regardless. I've heard in the 2nd county up from mine, you can shrink the well protection zone to 50' if you put cement around the wellhead, but I haven't been able to find a similar regulation in my county.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I was on the MX cab tractor last night running the Del Morino flail mower and loving every minute of it. I'm starting to figure out what the flail mower does well and what it doesn't.

Tomorrow I'm hauling the MX open station about 65 miles to drop it off at the new owner's cabin. There's really no point in washing the tractor, but I'm going to stop at a car wash just to get it filthy again heading up the North Fork to Polebridge. It's been in my garage for close to four months since selling it in February. It's been a great tractor for me and I'll miss it, although I won't miss the dust while mowing or the ice shower while blowing snow.

I asked the local Kubota dealer how much they charge to pick up or drop off a tractor and they told me $6/mile loaded and $4/mile unloaded. 😲 I figure it's going to use up around 5 hours of my day tomorrow loading, driving up, unloading and driving back, so I told the new owner $650 to $700 to drop off the tractor. This might seem high but when you consider that it's been here at my house out of the weather for almost four months and my Jeep has sat outside the entire time I think the cost is reasonable. What say you?

I'll post some photos tomorrow as the MX heads up through Glacier National Park to it's "final" resting place. Here's a photo taken the day I bought it ... February 8th, 2021. Back in those days there were tractors on lots looking for a good home!

mx6000_01.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Why not adapt the cap so you can put about 5-8 PSI of air and go over the thing with a spray bottle and some soap before you fill it with $6 a gallon fuel?

You may be able to take a tube and cut around the valve stem a 10-12" diameter of rubber and use a large clamp to get it tight enough around the fill pipe to hole that much air. Don't put much air in a container like that or you will bulge out the sides.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I was on the MX cab tractor last night running the Del Morino flail mower and loving every minute of it. I'm starting to figure out what the flail mower does well and what it doesn't.

Tomorrow I'm hauling the MX open station about 65 miles to drop it off at the new owner's cabin. There's really no point in washing the tractor, but I'm going to stop at a car wash just to get it filthy again heading up the North Fork to Polebridge. It's been in my garage for close to four months since selling it in February. It's been a great tractor for me and I'll miss it, although I won't miss the dust while mowing or the ice shower while blowing snow.

I asked the local Kubota dealer how much they charge to pick up or drop off a tractor and they told me $6/mile loaded and $4/mile unloaded. 😲 I figure it's going to use up around 5 hours of my day tomorrow loading, driving up, unloading and driving back, so I told the new owner $650 to $700 to drop off the tractor. This might seem high but when you consider that it's been here at my house out of the weather for almost four months and my Jeep has sat outside the entire time I think the cost is reasonable. What say you?

I'll post some photos tomorrow as the MX heads up through Glacier National Park to it's "final" resting place. Here's a photo taken the day I bought it ... February 8th, 2021. Back in those days there were tractors on lots looking for a good home!

View attachment 81235
Fees seem fine, but what is plan "B" if you get there and there's a disagreement of delivery fees? Maybe he's your best friend and it doesn't matter !

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I asked the local Kubota dealer how much they charge to pick up or drop off a tractor and they told me $6/mile loaded and $4/mile unloaded. 😲 I figure it's going to use up around 5 hours of my day tomorrow loading, driving up, unloading and driving back, so I told the new owner $650 to $700 to drop off the tractor.
$500-$700 to deliver a machine that size is totally reasonable for your time and trouble. I wouldn't give it a second thought. It's your time, and your equipment, doing a service for him that would be a inconvenience to arrange otherwise. Looking forward to the pictures!

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Why not adapt the cap so you can put about 5-8 PSI of air and go over the thing with a spray bottle and some soap before you fill it with $6 a gallon fuel?

You may be able to take a tube and cut around the valve stem a 10-12" diameter of rubber and use a large clamp to get it tight enough around the fill pipe to hole that much air. Don't put much air in a container like that or you will bulge out the sides.
Guessing this is for me, I have fuel at work. Can pump into this tank and check for leaks. Pump back out when finished.