What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
B737, looking at a LS rake for spring. Mostly want it to maintain driveway after I re-gravel at same time. We also get hurricanes here and occasionally need to rake light stuff out of the pasture. Does it really make that much difference? Not sure what the cost difference is by adding that. Hadn’t really planned on getting the wheels but you have me thinking.
They make all the difference in the world! The gauge wheels put out such a nice flat finish. Dirt, gravel, topsoil. I couldnt use my rake without them.

Reactions: 7 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Busy day today. Thought I would finally unpack my new Sicma tiller and till the soon to be lawn. Not so fast. . . Putting the tiller end of the pto shaft with it's clutch pack turned out to be a project. By the time I finally got it on it was time to pick up my 'Facebook Marketplace' acquisition, a like new B64 Blizzard snow blower. I've been following Craigslist for months and somehow a couple of days ago I followed a link to the marketplace.
It's one year old and looks like new. Best part - it was only 10 miles from our house.

20210908_133522_resized.jpg

20210908_162323_resized.jpg

Tomorrow will have to cut the pto shaft down. Since its supposed to really rain tonight there will be no tilling for a couple of days.

Ready for winter!
20210908_152852_resized.jpg

Tomorrow, I hope, Yellow Freight will be dropping off my Wicked 55 grapple. It was scheduled to arrive last Friday. The truck went from NC to Harrisburg to Maybrook NY and then back to Charlotte :(
I just checked and its back in Maybrook today.

Reactions: 6 users

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
B737, looking at a LS rake for spring. Mostly want it to maintain driveway after I re-gravel at same time. We also get hurricanes here and occasionally need to rake light stuff out of the pasture. Does it really make that much difference? Not sure what the cost difference is by adding that. Hadn’t really planned on getting the wheels but you have me thinking.
I think the rake without wheels is pretty useless for raking the pastures. The up and down of the front axle forces the rake into the ground or up into the air thus poor results. It will dig into the ground if you leave it to float.

I think the wheels plus a flexible top link would work better.

Reactions: 1 user

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
I think the rake without wheels is pretty useless for raking the pastures. The up and down of the front axle forces the rake into the ground or up into the air thus poor results. It will dig into the ground if you leave it to float.

I think the wheels plus a flexible top link would work better.
Thank you both for the info. I think when I get the rake I will get the wheels. Always good to get some insight from those who have been there. Saves buying twice for sure.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Waste line replacement using the mole to pull the new pipe inside the old cast iron pipe. It worked like a champ. Saved the clients' landscaping and pulled the new pipe under his Koi pond. For that very reason, this was the only way to go.

Here's a few pics from todays' festivities...

Digging: Koi pond is just behind the machine...inground pool to the right.

Sadler 1.JPG

Section cut out of cast waste line...ready for cable to be inserted. This "hole" became more like a "bowl" due to loose shale. The final hole was approx 6x6x7. That's roughly 9 yards. 2 foot digging bucket made easy work of it (although, I got light in the rear despite the counter weight while digging over the side).

Sadler 2.JPG

Landscaping and pool. Soil line ran out from under basement floor.

Sadler 4.JPG

Cable in pipe...

Sadler 5.JPG

getting ready for a pull...

Sadler 7.JPG

ready...

Sadler 8.JPG

new pipe see's daylight.

Sadler 9.JPG

Cleanout installed...

Sadler 11.JPG

Done...

The rain will settle the rest. All in all, it was a good job that didn't tear up the home owners koi pond. All is well again. I will say that "finish grading" is my least favorite job to do with a mini. I'm getting better, but still need more experience.

Sadler 13.JPG

Reactions: 11 users

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Spent a few hours pulling dead and dying Scot pines along with a few red pines around the backside of my covered shooting bench. In a few weeks I will be boxing it in with low side walls and a apron around the top.

DSC02176.JPG

Reactions: 9 users

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
Got home from work and my Sawhaul was here. Put it on. Very quick and easy instillation.
DA6096D2-8583-4CA5-A1DF-5A7875C645E9.jpeg
8BDF1635-554C-4A14-AF63-A00AE402D213.jpeg
86D82301-331E-45B6-9D4C-17073DDE882F.jpeg
CF721CD6-C483-4741-8916-920B9ECE2367.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users
D

Deleted member 47704

Not sure if I should post here or in Projects forum.opinions?

I"m doing what Neil (there is only one Neil o You Tube ;)) said you probably wouldn't do. I'm putting tilt wheel on my LX2610SU.
I researched all the parts needed and ordered them. Plus doing cruise control at the same time.Cruise parts came in today.
After driving this thing for over 20 hours (already), I found that the seat position is good for the pedal or the wheel is good, not both at the same time.
The steering bracket is the expensive part, but it is possible to accomplish tilt wheel without replacing the bracket but some fabrication work involving welding is needed. I'll explain that when the bracket comes in.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Never thought to take pix, but installed a new QH05 quick hitch, then used it to help me "jerk" a very stuck fallen tree out of my treeline by the road.

Don't own a chainsaw (yet), but then dragged 1/2 an old birch tree to the back of the property and dumped into the "old tree pile' to get it out of the way.
1631385642501.png

Reactions: 1 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Spend 3+ hours tilling for my new lawn. Uh, let's correct that. I spent less than an hour tilling and more than 2 hours picking out rocks.

I filled the bucket several times and used the stones to build a 'dam' on one side of our dry water course for about 40'. It hasn't been so dry the last couple of storms and its overflowing in this spot. I just don't want it to start serious erosion there.

As far as the tiller goes, I sure wish I had one like this years ago. I can remember renting small tillers for my vegetable garden at our 1st house. An hour using that and I was ready for the convalescent home.

It did a great job ripping out 1" and smaller roots that I was sure I'd be cutting out by hand.

20210911_114622_resized.jpg

20210911_114547_resized_1.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

Toyman

Equipment
B7100HST, 1630, 4' Tiller, 4' Rotary Mower; M4050 (SOLD) Woods Cadet 84
Apr 15, 2019
Pittsburgh
Planted 1.5 acres of rye grain, clover & purple top turnups with my M4050 and planter. Then I made the final cut on my perimeter trails in preparation for deer season with my B7100.

IMG_0050.JPEG
IMG_0051.JPEG

Reactions: 11 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Kind of a pop-up project today... My neighbor had woods in his backyard. The tree company did a great job grinding stumps and clearing trees a few months ago. The ground was just a big mess of ruts, and what you would expect unkept land to be like.

We got to talking and he asked me if I could spread some dirt if he got a few truck loads. I said no problem, but let me swing by and see if we can get it ready for the dirt first.

It was the first real day of work with the LX3310 since my B2601. I used the box blade to rip the ground a bit. Then went through with the tiller, and finally with the rake. It's not golf course, but for behind the backyard fence, and considering no material was added... He was really happy, which made me happy.

I had my doubts about running the tiller through what was once woods, but it did a great job. Sometimes I could stop the B2601 with a full box blade or full rake, not the LX, this thing just keeps pulling. It did a great job turning the tiller too. It did not lug like the 2601 would if the tiller got jammed up, just spun the slip clutch.

He canceled his dirt delivery and is just going to seed, I scored a free bottle of vodka and seat time! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 12 users

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Kind of a pop-up project today... My neighbor had woods in his backyard. The tree company did a great job grinding stumps and clearing trees a few months ago. The ground was just a big mess of ruts, and what you would expect unkept land to be like.

We got to talking and he asked me if I could spread some dirt if he got a few truck loads. I said no problem, but let me swing by and see if we can get it ready for the dirt first.

It was the first real day of work with the LX3310 since my B2601. I used the box blade to rip the ground a bit. Then went through with the tiller, and finally with the rake. It's not golf course, but for behind the backyard fence, and considering no material was added... He was really happy, which made me happy.

I had my doubts about running the tiller through what was once woods, but it did a great job. Sometimes I could stop the B2601 with a full box blade or full rake, not the LX, this thing just keeps pulling. It did a great job turning the tiller too. It did not lug like the 2601 would if the tiller got jammed up, just spun the slip clutch.

He canceled his dirt delivery and is just going to seed, I scored a free bottle of vodka and seat time! :ROFLMAO:

B737, That turned out super nice! I bet your neighbor was dancing with joy after seeing the outcome. Ha! My neighbors love my Kubota and shop full of implements pretty much at their disposal. But it sure makes it hard to keep my weight in check what with all the beer and meals they insist upon sharing! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 4 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
… My neighbors love my Kubota and shop full of implements pretty much at their disposal. But it sure makes it hard to keep my weight in check what with all the beer and meals they insist upon sharing! :ROFLMAO:
Isn’t that the truth! thanks Dogger! 🍺🍺🍺 Between his booze and the cookies for snow blowing from across the street🤣

Reactions: 2 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Lawn project nearing completion :)
Did some final tilling today then used the box blade to smooth things out. Then is was time to spread 200lbs of fertilizer. I planned on using my walk behind Scotts drop spreader. That worked for 1-1/2 laps. Then the wheel broke off. No hope of repairing it.
So plan B. I picked up a 4' drop spreader at an auction early this year. Didn't really want to use the tractor to pull it and compact down the soil. I want to finish this so 4' spreader and tractor it was.
After I spread the fertilizer it was time for 100lbs of seed mix (Fescue Tall, Blue and some Rye). Spread that also with the 4 footer.
By the end of the day I was pooped. Started to rake the soil over but only got about 10% done. The lawn will survive until tomorrow.

Reactions: 3 users

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
Well today I got sick of working on bushog so I sold it. Now to get a newer one and one to work with and less on if ya know what i mean😉, cleaned barn, scraped outdoor alleys between pastures, spread some wood chips in them dang spoiled beef cows gotta have golden trails lol. Put another round bale out, loaded another load of fir logs to go to mill hoping for 1 to 2 more loads of logs should do it. Stired compost pile up and gave berta a bath, then loaded calf box in truck brought wife to er, she sprained her foot at county fair over popcorn last night lucky not broken ice and elevation for her for few days, but on way home stoped and bought 2 more beef calves 3 days old lol. She looked at me on way home from er why is the calf box in the truck umm.. well... 🙁 you like baby calves right, yea, ok good 😂 God love her she ant killed or divorced my YET. Lol but life insurance is paid up and she is a beneficiary lmao🙄

Reactions: 4 users

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
Real easy day - 4 buckets of 16" pine rounds hauled to splitter to get split and stacked for winter. Only about 40 bucketloads left to go! Heckofalot easier to roll the big rounds into the bucket than it is to lift them onto the splitter! Just position the bucket like a work platform, and roll them right onto the splitter.

Reactions: 3 users