New BX Oil leaking from front hydraulic connections.

Captaincj

Apr 2, 2019
Hugo, MN
Hello team Kubota, have a new BX2380 and oil seems to be leaking from my front hydraulic quick connect lines.

Finding a pool of oil under the quick connect fittings on the garage floor. Not dramatic, but there.

Is this rather normal or should leak nothing at all?

Is there something I can do to correct it at home?

Thanks

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Seems to be quite common with this coupler arrangement. First, check that fittings are tight, then disconnect the coupler and try re-seating it. Do this with engine off.

I believe there were a few OTT members that were having similar issues that were caused by improperly seated O-rings.

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
There are probably 10 threads on this topic. The quad connector design is flawed. Some replaced it with the old style connectors. There’s a thread here, shows a good way to do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jefferson

Equipment
L3200 fel, Bx 2380 fel,60"deck,50"fm snowblower,50"tiller, Brush hog
Oct 14, 2011
West Michigan, USA
Mine leaked once until I noticed top half was not parallel to bottom half of quad connector. Took apart cleaned and reseated fixing the problem.Good luck!

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
When reconecting the quick coupler you need to be close enough for the top half to come down parallel to the bottom half. If your too far away the coupler closest to the drivers compartment will leak. If you force it on because your not close enough too many times you will ruin the coupler. Mine leaked once but never again. During grass cutting season I take my loader off at least twice a week. No leaks three seasons now!

Reactions: 1 user

rlcotter

Equipment
BX23S Cab;3pt Blade;HLA Snow Pusher;BX Armour;HLA Fork;Ratchet Rake, Snow Edge
Mar 24, 2016
Ontario, Canada
I was into my dealer for the same issue. I have the BX23S and there was a bulletin on this issue on their computer.

Captaincj

Apr 2, 2019
Hugo, MN
So we might be speaking two different languages, and it's probably my fault.

I have the 4 separate connecting lines. Each of the 4 snaps on/off independently.

I don't have the FEL.

Does that change any recommendations?

Thank you.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire

I have the 4 separate connecting lines. Each of the 4 snaps on/off independently.

I don't have the FEL.

Thank you.
If it is new, then call your dealer and have them fix under warranty. That’s what the warranty is for.

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
yes it does change the recommendations. Everyone assumed you had the loader. If you did, on the 80 series you have, it would have had an quad manifold device that connects to all 4 lines at the same time. That device has a design flaw, it’s susceptible to leaking, been a problem since the 80 series came out.

So your leaking is probably just a loose fitting someplace, ore the flat head connector itself is leaking. The loose connection could be your power steering lines to. I would just go around with a wrench and tighten all your connectors, and clean your flat head connectors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA

I don't have the FEL.

Thank you.
Leaks should not happen and is an indication something is not functioning as it should.

Nate750

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 20, 2020
Florida
I just bought my first tractor. BX2380 and I only have 10 hours on it and it is leaking at the Quick disconnect as well. Is it better to try and take it apart and tighten everything. Or take it back to the dealership. I was told if I took it back to the dealership it would possibly be a month before they could get it back to me. Did anyone fix theirs at home and the problem completely go away?

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I just bought my first tractor. BX2380 and I only have 10 hours on it and it is leaking at the Quick disconnect as well. Is it better to try and take it apart and tighten everything. Or take it back to the dealership. I was told if I took it back to the dealership it would possibly be a month before they could get it back to me. Did anyone fix theirs at home and the problem completely go away?
If it a minor leak I would run it until the weather slows the mowing down. Then take it in and let them repair it. Just keep the oil full.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Those quick connections have been a problem for some. A couple guys just re-plumbed back to 4 separate pioneer fittings.
Is it leaking with the loader on, or with it off? I think some have experienced both problems. If it’s on, you might try disconnecting and reconnecting the loader, while cleaning the connectors in between.

Nate750

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 20, 2020
Florida
Those quick connections have been a problem for some. A couple guys just re-plumbed back to 4 separate pioneer fittings.
Is it leaking with the loader on, or with it off? I think some have experienced both problems. If it’s on, you might try disconnecting and reconnecting the loader, while cleaning the connectors in between.
It seems to be leaking when the loaders on I’m going to clean it off and try to make sure nothings loose and see if that fixes it.

rtm03862iq

Equipment
BX2680
Dec 30, 2020
NJ
Look how loose they are
I have a brand new BX2680 with 6 hours on it and all (4) connections on my machine are leaking. I don't have my loader yet, because it wasn't in stock at the time of delivery and I just told the dealer to deliver the machine with the frame mounted snow blade for now. Anyway, the snow blade uses (4) separate flat-faced couplers, not the single connection set-up the loader uses. The connections between the hard supply lines and the male connectors are as tight as can be, so the leaks must be coming from the female end. Gonna cycle the couplings (e.g. disconnect and reconnect) tonight and see if that makes a difference. If it persists and Kubota can't fix it, I guess I'll just swap out the to the older style of quick connectors.

OrangeHiC

Equipment
BX1880, 54” Deck, LA344
Feb 27, 2021
Moore, Oklahoma
When reconecting the quick coupler you need to be close enough for the top half to come down parallel to the bottom half. If your too far away the coupler closest to the drivers compartment will leak. If you force it on because your not close enough too many times you will ruin the coupler. Mine leaked once but never again. During grass cutting season I take my loader off at least twice a week. No leaks three seasons now!
I tried this yesterday and it worked! I was ready to haul it in to the dealer again. I will continue to monitor it when I install my loader. I also actuated the individual connectors on the tractor side (yes with the engine off and depressurized :)), I pushed them in and released quickly to see if they seated properly.

bbahrns

Aug 30, 2017
Effingham
Hello team Kubota, have a new BX2380 and oil seems to be leaking from my front hydraulic quick connect lines.

Finding a pool of oil under the quick connect fittings on the garage floor. Not dramatic, but there.

Is this rather normal or should leak nothing at all?

Is there something I can do to correct it at home?

Thanks
If you are wanting to eliminate the 4 to 1 coupler, and go to individual pioneer style quick couplers take a look at TractorBracket.com

Attachments