Kubota BX exhaust stack mod! (First ever?!)

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
Glad you asked for feedback.
Do you have a wife you don,t like that is going to be driving the tractor full time ? LOL
Kinda makes it tough to check your filters or oil.
It would of been much healthier for any driver if you would have routed the exhaust under the tractor and past the rear wheels.
Hopefully you will be keeping the tractor for a long time to cover the cost of the hood you messed up. I doubt if the next owner or the dealer you ever trade it into would be happy with that mod.
Your tractor, your mods, your health, but kinda a head scratcher why you would do that particular mod.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Biff,

I'm going to ban any video link or any video reference where you feel like you need to cuss your way through the video, none of us need to hear your verbal diarrhea!

Keep it clean or keep it to yourself!

You also need to be a full lifetime member to post anymore off site videos.

I'm sending this to you in a PM too, no reply and I will ban automatically.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Biff,

I'm going to ban any video link or any video reference where you feel like you need to cuss your way through the video, none of us need to hear your verbal diarrhea!

Keep it clean or keep it to yourself!

You also need to be a full lifetime member to post anymore off site videos.

I'm sending this to you in a PM too, no reply and I will ban automatically.
a bit harsh no?
a guy comes on here sharing a kubota related mod with a video link (not even embedded!), everyone gets their panties in a bunch, and he is subsequently threatened with a ban? yet, we have members here in off topic flat out posting racial remarks plain as day with no such public warnings. wow.

Id rather follow an external link and judge for myself than read racial remarks INSIDE the forum. but thats just me.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
a bit harsh no?
a guy comes on here sharing a kubota related mod with a video link (not even embedded!), everyone gets their panties in a bunch, and he is subsequently threatened with a ban? yet, we have members here in off topic flat out posting racial remarks plain as day with no such public warnings. wow.

Id rather follow an external link and judge for myself than read racial remarks INSIDE the forum. but thats just me.
I can't be everywhere every day!
I will reprimand him too.
This is not Biff's first video post with absolute foul language, It's just the first time I've had a chance to deal with it.
We also have a policy against just Video linking, which is what he's doing, I was being nice and told him to get a lifetime membership and I would continue to allow him to link to "clean" videos.

Last edited:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
As a moderator at another type website I can attest to the difficulties and thanklessness of the job.

NIW, you are one of the BEST in the bidness. Thanks.

MFFI422

Equipment
BX2380 -Drive Over Mower Deck- LP Tiller - FEL - LP Box Blade - LP QH - Canopy
Jun 10, 2020
Arkansas
So then here is a serious question. I can only assume those out there with 2380s have the same problem as me...exhaust in the face...A LOT! Had a buddy come drive it around the yard after I first took delivery. Loved it of course. First comment was "how do you deal with all the fumes?" So has anyone done a mod with the 2380 to redirect the exhaust? Thanks guys!

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Not on a 2380, but similar mod to my B7100.

pg1.jpg
IMG_20181118_135735389_HDR.jpg

Louisianna

Equipment
bx2200
Feb 11, 2021
illinois
Brilliant - I just put a Flowmonster on my durango and thought how can I put one on BX2200 - since cost of Kubota muffler is gazillions dollars
How do you get the hood open - Does it clear loader up - need a little rain flap on top IMPRESSIVE
IF IT FLOATS YOR BOAT DO IT - THE TRACTOR BELONGS TO YOU

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Brilliant - I just put a Flowmonster on my durango and thought how can I put one on BX2200 - since cost of Kubota muffler is gazillions dollars
How do you get the hood open - Does it clear loader up - need a little rain flap on top IMPRESSIVE
IF IT FLOATS YOR BOAT DO IT - THE TRACTOR BELONGS TO YOU
Looks like we will never get an answer on how he opens the hood, but after thinking about it, I wonder how got the hood closed after installing the vertical pipe! :unsure:

Edit: Probable answer is it must be a slip on friction fit...

thirdroc17

Dec 25, 2013
Michigan
Looks like we will never get an answer on how he opens the hood, but after thinking about it, I wonder how got the hood closed after installing the vertical pipe! :unsure:

Edit: Probable answer is it must be a slip on friction fit...
He showed it in the loooooooong video.

I typically download long videos, run them at 1.5 to 2 times normal speed, depending how fast they talk in the video it'll still be audible, then hit the 10 second jump forward button a few times.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I suppose ,one day, I should put speakers on this computer...... last one that did was a TRS80 Model I with homemade voice recognition and voice synthsiser.....

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
He showed it in the loooooooong video.

I typically download long videos, run them at 1.5 to 2 times normal speed, depending how fast they talk in the video it'll still be audible, then hit the 10 second jump forward button a few times.
Can you share the answer? Not sure I am up to viewing the LONG video, or any video for that matter...

thirdroc17

Dec 25, 2013
Michigan
Can you share the answer? Not sure I am up to viewing the LONG video, or any video for that matter...
Slip fit into an elbow under the hood which he welded onto the muffler in the stock output location. He just pulls the stack out.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Spent the Time and possibly devalued the tractor. Not the best combination from a practical standpoint. But as they say "A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do". I think a lot longer before I make decisions now that I am older (59). Its a bit of a blessing. I still do stupid things but not as many.