Landpride Flail mower

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
The mower came today in a crate and shrink-wrapped. No damage, perfect condition. Of course, it only was trucked about 6 hours away from where I live.

No pics yet until I uncrate...but first impressions are that this is indeed a nice mower.

The roller on the back is larger than I expected and should work well. The tractor hitch mounts seem very beefy. The top-link uprights do have a crease fold in the metal, but there is reinforcement in the form of a weldment across one end of the crease. I think that will be sufficient to prevent a "tear" from forming. The driveshaft does have a slip clutch. I'm hoping it doesn't have to be cut, but if it does, it does.

One disappointment is the rear door. It does indeed have it, but two large bolts must be removed to open it. I was hoping for something quicker and easier. However, the required wrenches could be stored in the included tool caddy mounted to the mower chassis.

The grease fittings are all in reasonable locations, easy to get at but still decently protected. The gearbox is not pre-filled, but the grease fittings are all pre-lubed. Looks nice, I'll post pics once un boxed and set up.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
The mower came today in a crate and shrink-wrapped. ....No pics yet until I uncrate...but first impressions are that this is indeed a nice mower.

...One disappointment is the rear door. It does indeed have it, but two large bolts must be removed to open it. I was hoping for something quicker and easier. However, the required wrenches could be stored in the included tool caddy mounted to the mower chassis.....
They do pack them well. I took the time to completely unbolt the shipping frame, which took a while, set all the pieces out for the recycle, and they wouldn't take it. I have no idea why but that is a lot of steel.

Yeah I'll just keep a couple 17mm (or whatever size they are) wrenches in the tool caddy.