North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
No more political threads or posts

Sorry folks but there are way too many posters that force the issues and point on others and get rude about it and I've gotten too many complaints on them.

If a thread or post is posted and it has any political comment it will be removed.

Any complaints about threads or posts, send them to me directly to deal with.

Sorry folks but it is in the forum rules.

Howling

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2016
Ayer, MA
Yeah!

Get the politicians off the tractors. So that we can go back to friendly discussions about our orange toys / tools.

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Thank You. I didn't join OTT to talk about politics. I came here to learn about Kubota Tractors. And Thank You to all that have made that possible.:)

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
I can totally get where politics shouldnt come up in a thread about tires or engine problems, yeah that absolutely SHOULD be off limits

BUT

I havent seen that, Ive only seen politics come up in threads that are in an OFF TOPIC part of this forum and last time i checked entering those threads where 100% voluntary.

SO

Where people are voluntarily entering a thread that is NOT kubota related and going on to complain or whine about it, why not tell said whiners to avoid clicking threads in off topic discussions if its bothersome?

Why not put a dedicated political section in the Off Topic discussion and tell everyone who enters to keep politics inside and no complaints to mods allowed?

The idea that shutting down speech will help the situation between members is not real. It only furthers the divide.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I can totally get where politics shouldnt come up in a thread about tires or engine problems, yeah that absolutely SHOULD be off limits

BUT

I havent seen that, Ive only seen politics come up in threads that are in an OFF TOPIC part of this forum and last time i checked entering those threads where 100% voluntary.

SO

Where people are voluntarily entering a thread that is NOT kubota related and going on to complain or whine about it, why not tell said whiners to avoid clicking threads in off topic discussions if its bothersome?

EXACTLY

If you don't want to read and post on them don't. We are all grown up here, I think...:rolleyes:

If that is your perogative Wolfman, then just delete the entire 'Off Topic' section of the site and be done with it. To do anything less appears very arbitrary on your part.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire

BUT

SO

Why not put a dedicated political section in the Off Topic discussion and tell everyone who enters to keep politics inside and no complaints to mods allowed?

The idea that shutting down speech will help the situation between members is not real. It only furthers the divide.
If you really want that kind of discussion, go join some other forum dedicated to to that crap. This forum is about Orange (Kubota) tractors, not politics. Maybe the simplest thing to do would be to shut down the Off Topic section.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
If you really want that kind of discussion, go join some other forum dedicated to to that crap. This forum is about Orange (Kubota) tractors, not politics. Maybe the simplest thing to do would be to shut down the Off Topic section.
Yeah im getting kind of sick and im sure others are too of being a part of a community and being told to LEAVE because you dont like what I have to say. Thats pretty divisive and OFFENSIVE.

This forum is about orange tractors and its made up of people who are surrounded by and controlled by POLITICS so yeah it coming up as an off topic subject is pretty relevant

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I can see both sides and the idea of a 'politics' forum is OK by me. If I choose to go there, that's my decision. I suppose one has to decide what's 'political' in the 'off topic' forum.
Consider that your ride is in the shop, it needs parts, parts coming from Canada, having been shipped by train. Well the trains in Canada aren't going anywhere(so far 10 days), ALL shut down, as some natives and protesters are blocking the rails and the guvs aren't doing anything about it, which of course you don't care , you just want your ride fixed ASAP. Sometimes it's nice to hear others are in the same boat (hopefully without c-virus...), misery loves company..... and sometimes it's nice to show people that 4+5 does NOT =10.

In the end I don't care one way or the other....as there's 32 days until Spring and I won't have time for 'chatting on the computer' :)

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
There you go... Eliminate it altogether. Problem solved, sort of.:D

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
Wow, do you know about your own hypocrisy? This is what you said just yesterday in an off topic thread not orange tractor related:

Well, when the president is in bed with the Russians and nobody wants to do anything about it, what do you expect?
Thats sounds pretty political to me. And you know youre attacking a bunch of us here by saying it since we support the guy. Sheeeesh:rolleyes:

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
its really easy to get fired up over this stuff....

we have the same rule over on our gun forum.

no politics, no religious posts

done deal.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I am pro free speech. Always have been, always will be.

The place is called "Off Topic".

Posting what is for dinner is no more on-topic/off-topic than a nice picture or a link to a talented individual on youtube or ANY other off topic subject.

Having the off topic section makes this forum a better place for everyone involved.

Some will not care about this point however "off topic" discussions that go on for pages and pages are what the internet calls "engagement" and it is a very important metric in calculating the value of the site from google's perspective as well as advertisers that purchase banners. Off topic is good for the forum.

If ANY of the off topic threads offend you, simply don't click on it. And really if you do decide to click on it, knowing you are offended by it, don't complain after. - SMH

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
I am pro free speech. Always have been, always will be.

The place is called "Off Topic".

Posting what is for dinner is no more on-topic/off-topic than a nice picture or a link to a talented individual on youtube or ANY other off topic subject.

Having the off topic section makes this forum a better place for everyone involved.

Some will not care about this point however "off topic" discussions that go on for pages and pages are what the internet calls "engagement" and it is a very important metric in calculating the value of the site from google's perspective as well as advertisers that purchase banners. Off topic is good for the forum.

If ANY of the off topic threads offend you, simply don't click on it. And really if you do decide to click on it, knowing you are offended by it, don't complain after. - SMH
That all seems logical but emotion rules the internet not logic....but why?

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
Yeah im getting kind of sick and im sure others are too of being a part of a community and being told to LEAVE because you dont like what I have to say. Thats pretty divisive and OFFENSIVE.

This forum is about orange tractors and its made up of people who are surrounded by and controlled by POLITICS so yeah it coming up as an off topic subject is pretty relevant

It is also privately owned. If the owner says no politics, that is his right. You must not have read the forum rules when you registered. If you don't like the forum, go start up your own. You sound like another trolling key board warrior.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
its really easy to get fired up over this stuff....

we have the same rule over on our gun forum.

no politics, no religious posts

done deal.
Interesting. On the firearm forum I'm on www.smithandwessonforums.com we all discuss politics and there is a section for it, actually 2 sections, News and Politics and the Lounge and everyone respects that and keep the firearm stuff in the firearm sections and the rest in those 2 sections. Been a member there for many years and it's a very popular forum

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
It is also privately owned. If the owner says no politics, that is his right. You must not have read the forum rules when you registered. If you don't like the forum, go start up your own. You sound like another trolling key board warrior.
Interesting comment... I don't see where the forum owner has made ONE comment about it.

Only comment is from Wolfman as a moderator. Nothing more.

In reality, you are doing the trolling of another poster's legitimate comment....... eh?

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
To all the posters on this thread, I think we all need to take a moment and read Mr. K's sticky at the top of this off topic forum titled "Rules of Conduct and Etiquette". That way everyone will be singing from the same sheet of music with their input.

Edit: He covers political commentary.

Last edited: