BX2680 Hydralic Leak on FEL connect

lunasdude

Equipment
Kubota BX1880, FEL, quick con pto, box bld, land plane, flail mower
Dec 22, 2018
Los Lunas, NM USA
I know this is a very old thread but hopefully this message will get back to everyone here.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, A thousand thank-yous!
Because of the information here I was able to get rid of the 1 bane of my existence, the Kubota quick connect.
I tried everything including rocking it back and forth and a clamp to help tighten it down replacing parts, nothing worked.
It got to the point where after I used the tractor for more than an hour, I had hydraulic fluid all over the deck, quick connect and with the sand and dirt we have, it turned into a giant nasty mess.
After seeing another thread on another tractor forum, it led me back to all of you and this thread and I got the idea from @imnukensc and a list of parts I needed from @fransser!
Took some scrounging to get everything as a local hydraulic shop only had three, quarter inch quick connects and I ordered another one from Amazon.
I used the tractor today for the first time since the repair and I was almost in tears as there was absolutely no leakage whatsoever!
I think it was the first time since the first year I bought the tractor, that the deck didn't have hydraulic fluid all over it and the coupling wasn't covered in hydraulic fluid!
Everything was Dusty , dry and beautiful!
Just in case I didn't say it enough, let me see it one more time, thank you to everyone in this thread.

Reactions: 1 user

PNWBXer

Equipment
BX2380
Feb 24, 2020
Washington
I know this is a very old thread but hopefully this message will get back to everyone here.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, A thousand thank-yous!
Because of the information here I was able to get rid of the 1 bane of my existence, the Kubota quick connect.
I tried everything including rocking it back and forth and a clamp to help tighten it down replacing parts, nothing worked.
It got to the point where after I used the tractor for more than an hour, I had hydraulic fluid all over the deck, quick connect and with the sand and dirt we have, it turned into a giant nasty mess.
After seeing another thread on another tractor forum, it led me back to all of you and this thread and I got the idea from @imnukensc and a list of parts I needed from @fransser!
Took some scrounging to get everything as a local hydraulic shop only had three, quarter inch quick connects and I ordered another one from Amazon.
I used the tractor today for the first time since the repair and I was almost in tears as there was absolutely no leakage whatsoever!
I think it was the first time since the first year I bought the tractor, that the deck didn't have hydraulic fluid all over it and the coupling wasn't covered in hydraulic fluid!
Everything was Dusty , dry and beautiful!
Just in case I didn't say it enough, let me see it one more time, thank you to everyone in this thread.
So correct me if i'm wrong.....there is a recall on the hydraulic quick connector. Doesn't that mean if you are out of warranty....you still should get it from the dealer at no cost right? I recently sent in my tractor under warranty.....but I didn't send it in with my loader on. I asked about the recall....but since I didn't have the loader at the dealer they could replace anything.

lunasdude

Equipment
Kubota BX1880, FEL, quick con pto, box bld, land plane, flail mower
Dec 22, 2018
Los Lunas, NM USA
So correct me if i'm wrong.....there is a recall on the hydraulic quick connector. Doesn't that mean if you are out of warranty....you still should get it from the dealer at no cost right? I recently sent in my tractor under warranty.....but I didn't send it in with my loader on. I asked about the recall....but since I didn't have the loader at the dealer they could replace anything.
I think the dealers are playing dumb or outright denying any recalls exist.
In the case of my dealer, he played dumb, said no recall that he knows of?
Also because of parts availability, they are hard to come by.
The solution in this thread is perfect.
They go on in a few seconds and come of just as easy.
Don't miss the quick connect or the mess at all!