What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
never thought id be using my tractor to yank out a broken water heater lol
dropped it right in the truck without breaking a sweat

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
never thought id be using my tractor to yank out a broken water heater lol
dropped it right in the truck without breaking a sweat
When you pull the water heater, you're supposed to leave the plumbing in the house! :eek:

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
When you pull the water heater, you're supposed to leave the plumbing in the house! :eek:
Worse than that...but I am fairly confident that the tractor is not supposed to go into the house to take that there plumbing out!

I would have lost a bet on this one...:D

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Any pictures of getting the new one in, or you decided a tractor was not the method?

I have a neighbor who has a full basement. There are stair in the house to get down there, but he also has a ramp (not stairs) going down from within his garage. Pretty nice for getting heavy items in and out of the basement.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Any pictures of getting the new one in, or you decided a tractor was not the method?

I have a neighbor who has a full basement. There are stair in the house to get down there, but he also has a ramp (not stairs) going down from within his garage. Pretty nice for getting heavy items in and out of the basement.
lol you guys kill me, thanks
no photos of the new one, we carried it down the stairs like civilized human beings, a far more refined technique haha

as an aside...
The one I hauled away was a Rheem hybrid unit. It is electric but it uses a heat pump to make heat, pretty high tech. It saved roughly $40 a month in electric. Very slow recovery but it sipped energy. It's about 250 pounds empty, awkward to move, it's very top heavy with the compressor. Unfortunately it died after only 11 months. My plumber didnt like it from day one. Learning my lesson to just keep things simple, we installed a boring natural gas unit in its place.

Last edited:

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Today I did something FOR my Kubota.

I ordered a 60" Extreme Box Blade. They had it in stock and it will go out today!

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
The ground has finally refrozen[for the 5th time] so I got the gnarly hemlock that was across my road and used it to block of my landing.
Dirtbags have dumped garbage there in the past; so this will make it a little more work for them.
I also had to buck up and move a cherry that another dirtbag illegally cut down some time ago and which also was across my access trail.
2 loads of sweet smelling, ready to burn cookstove wood.
The shattered stub of the hemlock and the newly opened skid road.

Attachments

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Thanks NIW and also to fruitcakesa who sent me a PM.

Now I just need for this shoulder rotator cuff surgery to heal so that I can get back to doing stuff. Sitting on my butt when stuff needs doing is boring.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Cut the hung up hemlock down; I was a little concerned as it was up so high and very likely under tension. But using care and a falling wedge to avoid pinching, I was able to release it.
Oh for a winch...I had to use all my chokers, chains and cable to reach it across the swamp that I nearly got stuck in.
Pics: the swamp, butt up, top down, hitched
29+ foot stick, not too bad.

Attachments

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I woke up this morning and my girl was all worried that the new box blade from EA was going to make her ass look big.

I mounted it up so she could get a feel of the new caboose and thankfully she warmed up to it.

Box-Blade-2.jpg Box-Blade-1.jpg

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
With my right arm still in a sling from last week's rotator cuff surgery, I decided to tackle installing a new boot on my Bushhog M346 FEL control cluster.

Maybe I could have somehow patched it but new is always better.

Attachments

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I had just gotten started with the boot replacement when I heard the ZT mower shut off and knew that "she who must be obeyed" was in trouble.

Not good and probably stuck. Yup, it doesn't take much to stick a ZT.

So "Big O" to the rescue.

Attachments