Attachment dolly's

ctyke

Aug 24, 2016
Northfield, MN, USA
Finally got my BX25D! Pole barn isn't built yet, so I need an efficient way to store the attachments in the shed. Searching on here showed me all kinds of ideas, I used those ideas, tweaked them a little and made them in one night. I bought furniture dolly's from NorthernTool for $9.99 and used the casters from those (cheaper than buying the casters alone).

Loader dolly made from 2x6's, I should have made this a little wider. It works, but not much room for error. I also found driving on 2x6's helps line up everything.

Snowblower dolly made from 2x6's I messed up and should have made this wider, that is why the end 2x6's hang over the edge.

I had to drive on 2x6's to get the quick hitch to line up.

Rear blade dolly

Backhoe, this makes it super easy to remove and attach. I used 2x4's except for the 2x6 across the top. The key is to make the top 8.5" from the ground. No need to put the arms down, just rotate it back and it rolls off.

DavyW

Equipment
BX2370, Z422 and L2501
Aug 29, 2016
Newport, NC, USA
I love the dolly idea for your attachments...Great job and even better price... Just curious, if you have made one for the mowing deck?

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
They roll on their own, interested to see if you can make it low enough to roll them out.

Great job on all the dolly's!

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Once you get your pole building up and some concrete in the floors you will really appreciate the maneuverability of having casters under them.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
For those who have built these dollies, any trouble with flat spotting the caster wheels? I would think anything but very hard plastic or metal wheels would flatten out over a relatively short period of time, especially considering the weight of something like a backhoe.

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
I built Dollies for my box blade and FEL with Harbor Freight Dolly's and scrap lumber I aiready had on had. Turned out great. I roll them in a corner out of the way and they make atachment a breeze.

Little Orange

Equipment
Kubota BX25D TLB, hitch frame, FEL forks, 3pt steel ballast and back blade
Dec 8, 2013
Comox Valley, BC Canada
they all look great and just might incorporate these ideas into my projects.

thanks for the posts and enjoy the BX25D great machine.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I plagiarized this idea and it works great for storing/moving/mounting my PHD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecpHhyUAbc8

I used 3” square tubing to make the entire thing, including 3 uprights instead of the auger-surround, but otherwise identical (well...I refuse to paint it green!)

Works really well.