Added Fuse Block - BX

bluedunn

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, MMM, Heavy Hitch Back Plow Blade
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
Hi-

After a lot of YouTube watching and amassing the supplies, I spent part of today installing an auxiliary fuse block in my BX. I wired it to the ignition so it’s only live when the key is at the accessory position. Also, wired it thru a relay. Happy to report that it works as intended.

I think my last question is about grounding the fuse block itself. The really is grounded, but do now need to run an additional wire from the fuse block the tractors’ frame or other suitable ground?

Thanks for any help!

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
it depends on the block and how it is mounted. Is it already grounded via its mounts to the frame? some fuse blocks get dedicated grounds like in marine applications, others just use +.

can you post up some pictures of where you mounted the block and relay?

bluedunn

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, MMM, Heavy Hitch Back Plow Blade
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
it depends on the block and how it is mounted. Is it already grounded via its mounts to the frame? some fuse blocks get dedicated grounds like in marine applications, others just use +.

can you post up some pictures of where you mounted the block and relay?
Hi-

I***8217;ll try to get some pictures up, but in the meantime the relay is mounted to the center pillar structure via a metal tab and the relay itself is grounded to the negative post of the battery. The fuse block is mounted to the same center pillar structure with self tapping sheet metal screws.