B2650 suddenly shuts down wouldn’t restart

retird

Equipment
loader, box scraper
Jul 10, 2015
brownsville,ontario,canada
Today while operating my b2650, I stopped in the driveway and the engine suddenly shut down and wouldn’t restart. Battery was fully charged, all electrical worked, tried boosting but still wouldn’t start. I wiggled all levers , seat safety switch, pedals etc etc, but no luck.. I then put it in neutral and towed it backwards about 100 feet . Tried again, and it started just fine. Anyone know what the issue might be

Thanks

Les

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
I've gotten off mine and bumped the pto lever on dismount. Hard to determine cause when it's working. You may want to locate ground connection on tractor and clean it. It sounds like a safety switch, unfortunately you may have to wait until next failure.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
It is a pretty good chance for a bad neutral safety switch. It happened to me and several other members on here. Mine was an intermittent problem also. There are some electrical checks for the switch, and I really had to play with mine to get it to fail, but it was definitely the problem.

sardillim

Equipment
b2650
Nov 24, 2019
Easton
check the safety switch on the foot pedal. two ways to get at it, either from under the machine or pull up the floor mat and there is a metal inspection cover, remove it and you can see it from the top, fyi i had the same issue and that safety switch came loose

Grouse09

Equipment
B2650 Cab, snowblower, FEL, brush hog
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
My safety switch is OK and I have had the same issue as you. My fix is to push the pedal to the floor in the front and then the rear. Do that a couple times.

I have also had success dowsing the entire spring area under the pedal with liquid wrench. Seems to work for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk