B2601 front suitcase weights

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
Anybody have experience with 3-BL8069 wights? My local dealer is trying to sell me a bracket, I didnt have them order a bracket. They weights they sold me wasn't marked with part number I took them back they didn't fit under the battery.

Tractor looks like will take 3 with no bracket just bolt kits and threaded rod.
Kubota build site prices out with no bracket , Just parts BL8069,Bl8049 and 1-BL8013 threaded rod.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Anybody have experience with 3-BL8069 wights? My local dealer is trying to sell me a bracket, I didnt have them order a bracket. They weights they sold me wasn't marked with part number I took them back they didn't fit under the battery.

Tractor looks like will take 3 with no bracket just bolt kits and threaded rod.
Kubota build site prices out with no bracket , Just parts BL8069,Bl8049 and 1-BL8013 threaded rod.
Most small Kubota tractors (exception being B3350, despite what is stated in Operator's Manual) will accept 3 or 4 front weights mounted onto the front frame without a weight bracket which will accept more weights.

Not individually familiar with your B2601 but such provisions should be detailed in the Operator's Manual.

Be advised that front weight brackets are a PITA as you will likely need to remove both weights and bracket to mount the FEL.

SDT

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
This is from the B2601 WSM (doesn't list p/n of weights though):
Front End Weights (option)
The front end weights can be attached to the bumper.
NOTE
[For installation of up to 3 weights]
Besides the weight, mounting bolt kit(s) are required for mounting the weight.

[For installation of up to 5 weights]
Besides the weight, a front weight bracket and mounting bolt kit(s) are required for mounting the weight.

Edit: The WSM appears to be duplicate of operators manual even with same picture of weights mounted.

Last edited:

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
Thank you both for replies I completely missed finding in manual :eek:

2nd dealer inquired what I was up to needing weights :D

I have the loader off and put away for the summer. Cutting firewood with carry all on the back it makes the front end real light. The mower deck is on ATM but will need to come off in future trips risk of getting stuck on neighbors property.