B7100 crawler

Bkirkman

Equipment
b7100
May 28, 2020
Delta
Hello, I have a mid 80's B7100. There is a shifter unit on top that Is apparently a crawler box. It looks like an aftermarket unit. I am having troubles finding anything online about it. I cant seem to get it to engage. it has three positions, center being neutral. Any help with operation or possibly a breakdown of the unit would be a lot of help.

Attachments

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
The correct term is CREEPER gearbox.

I found this info from an old post by Lucky.

All right, here you go. I have one on my b7100 that is very similar. It is a creeper gear. Shifting is the same as with a b7100dt, except if you pull straight back between 1st and 2nd in either high or low, you can get into the exceptionally slow creeping speed. I think you will also find that the additional lever on the right side is for fast or slow creeping.

Mine has come in very handy for tilling, but it was originally meant for use with the trencher in which you have attached. Every once in awhile I see one of these, but not very often. It is right from the factory and not an aftermarket addition.

The hoses attached to it are to pump hydraulic fluid up to the gears in the creeper which are above the normal transmission fluid.

I do not see any recent posts by Lucky but I suggest you send him a forum email asking for any more info he has.

Dave

Bkirkman

Equipment
b7100
May 28, 2020
Delta
Dave,

I really appreciate the response. I will check some more information.
I am planning on getting my trencher going and it will work out great.
I have the whole tractor tore apart currently, keep having problems, keep acting like the clutch was not engaged, turned out the whole center section was bent causing it to hold pressure against the pilot bushing. I got everything straight and starting to go back together. If you happen to hear of anyone having problems with gears grinding and are lost on what else to do, they might check the frame.

thanks
Braidy

Attachments