Poor customer service (nothing to do with tractors)

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Today, I went out and there was a large package on our front porch from Walmart. I looked at the name and address, FedEx had delivered it to the wrong place.

I called FedEx, waited on hold for 35 minutes and no one picked up. So, I hung up and called the Local Walmart. Explained to them what was going on.

The answer I got, throw it away, if I didn't want it. I told them it wasn't my package and not mine to keep. He said then throw it away.

I'm like really? Walmart told me I could call FedEx again if I wanted to again and see if I could get through to someone.

My wife stopped by the address and it was an elderly couple and he is in a wheelchair and she doesn't drive. So we loaded up the package and took it over there ourselves.

Just amazing the poor service that both of these companies are providing.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
People just don't care anymore. This pandemic situation seems to have amplified it, if that was even possible.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
+1 0n that. We now live in a disposable society. Everything, including life is disposable.

Pretty soon Soylent Green burgers will be at Mickey Dees.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Incompetence in the workforce has been going through the roof for a while now and combine that with the new crazy that C19 brought out and yeah.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The delivery driver may have been a substitute, in a hurry and not familiar with the addresses. Improper delivery is frustrating, but things are not going to be prefect our whole life!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I had to put steel pipe uprights at the corners of my driveway (12 foot space) because delivery drivers were doing lawn shots across the lawn all the time. Not so bad in the summer but in the spring and winter, not too good. Muddy ruts.

Painted them fire engine red so they can see them before they screw up their truck. 6" diameter schedule 80 steel in concrete 6 foot down. I'm not taking any chances.:eek:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
New USPS route driver today. Wrong way down the road. Took her about 5 mailboxes to figure out they were on the wrong side of the truck....duh.:D

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
I had to put steel pipe uprights at the corners of my driveway (12 foot space) because delivery drivers were doing lawn shots across the lawn all the time. Not so bad in the summer but in the spring and winter, not too good. Muddy ruts.

Painted them fire engine red so they can see them before they screw up their truck. 6" diameter schedule 80 steel in concrete 6 foot down. I'm not taking any chances.:eek:

I put 3 railroad crossties along the edge of my driveway near the entrance. Apparently, people like to turn around there by doing a 3-point turn. They pull in my drive and then reverse to turn around. However, they are inconsiderate and instead of staying on my drive run into the yard as it is easier to get the angle on the 3-point turn. Summer months, it is fine. In the winter, they make a big mess. Unlike you, I don't mark them. They are usually visible until the leaves in the fall and winter cover them up. I often get a good chuckle when I see one flipped over or moved because of someone not seeing them because they are covered with leaves.

I heard a knock on my door Monday. It was the mailman dropping off a front package at my door. I walked out the back door in time to see that he had pulled into my yard to the porch to drop off the package. Unbelievable. (Would've been better had you seen it.) The ground was hard enough and it was under trees with little grass, so I just waved and told him to have a good day.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
The delivery driver may have been a substitute, in a hurry and not familiar with the addresses. Improper delivery is frustrating, but things are not going to be prefect our whole life!
My frustration isn't with the driver. We are all human and make mistakes. The issue is with the companies and there response. FedEx made it impossible to help correct the mistake. Walmart didn't want to be bothered to take the time to help fix it.

Both responses end up costing us as the consumer more when a little effort on their part could of corrected this.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I sent a Remington back for some work. And I waited and waited and waited, no gun, so I called Remington,,WTF is my rifle? It was shipped out 3 times and returned because it had a bad address. Are you kidding me ,gal said no this is the address on the return label. Yep thats it, well they say it does not exist. I told her to send it out and I would call UPS and let them know so I could get it. Seems the driver could not figure out, EAST and WEST on his route, This clown was looking for it on the other side of the county!

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Today, I went out and there was a large package on our front porch from Walmart. I looked at the name and address, FedEx had delivered it to the wrong place.

I called FedEx, waited on hold for 35 minutes and no one picked up. So, I hung up and called the Local Walmart. Explained to them what was going on.

The answer I got, throw it away, if I didn't want it. I told them it wasn't my package and not mine to keep. He said then throw it away.

I'm like really? Walmart told me I could call FedEx again if I wanted to again and see if I could get through to someone.

My wife stopped by the address and it was an elderly couple and he is in a wheelchair and she doesn't drive. So we loaded up the package and took it over there ourselves.

Just amazing the poor service that both of these companies are providing.
With the pandemic and everything, I'm not surprised. Everyone is full of fear and companies are doing everything now to prevent bad press and/or a lawsuit. I just wanted to reply to say how awesome it was of you and your wife to seek out the proper recipient and then go and give them the package. You even killed an hour on the phone with fed ex and walmart it seems. Hats off to you and your wife!

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
Where I live and have a business which often gets packages often have a different UPS driver. We have two Fed Ex drivers amazes me if to a business or to a home address they use different drivers or departments to deliver to us.

When we have issue with UPS it is always a driver who does not know the route and on the commercial Fed Ex never an issue but I make the effort to met the delivery driver with each trip and just speak or have offered a Pepsi or water or such or rest room in the business.

Yet I still get packages that belong to someone else or left where there is a sign that reads do not leave packages on front porch. UPS ended up giving me local phone number and I ended up asking did they want pictures of UPS package left under that sign on FB, No Sir. That solve that.

For some reason notice most packages we get that belong to someone else are from Amazon. Not sure who delivers theirs for they are like foxes, never hear them but see their sign. They don't mind leaving those packages laying in the drive when there is porch right there. We have to realize those companies are running heavier routes or more packages with the covid shutdowns and some of this is to be expected, HOWEVER the companies who don't provider the support for their drivers, customers such as the OP ran into really are missing a great opportunity.

My wife and I were talking about how at least here which drive throughs were always busy and which ones were seldom busy. Chic Fil A are running as many as three drive thru lines, did almost day one. We have a Center Park that is a same building with two lines with no ordering till you get to the window and they are also very busy. With their set up they are filling orders quicker than the big chains are. Simple menu, good food at reasonable price but amazing quick order filling. Those two along with the McDonalds probably are doing as much business as the BK, Hardees, Arby's, KFC, Zaxby's are together and all within a 1/4 mile on same road. Their management saw it coming, geared up for it and are being rewarded for that.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Because of the farm and my Internet and brick and mortar motorcycle business, we get a lot of deliveries from both Fed-Ex and UPS. All the drivers know us and our large black Chow / Lab mix that looks like a junkyard dog but is a milktoast for a biscuit.

When he sees the brown or white truck pull in, he's at the fence whining and wagging his tail for a treat and a scratch.

All know him by name now and they all have biscuits and he isn't particular so long as a scratch on the head comes with the treat.

Wanted a guard dog and got a couch potato, 125 pound potato.:D

ccoon520

Equipment
L2501 w/ FEL
Apr 15, 2019
IA
Because of the farm and my Internet and brick and mortar motorcycle business, we get a lot of deliveries from both Fed-Ex and UPS. All the drivers know us and our large black Chow / Lab mix that looks like a junkyard dog but is a milktoast for a biscuit.

When he sees the brown or white truck pull in, he's at the fence whining and wagging his tail for a treat and a scratch.

All know him by name now and they all have biscuits and he isn't particular so long as a scratch on the head comes with the treat.

Wanted a guard dog and got a couch potato, 125 pound potato.:D
That's the lab showing through. I often say that our yellow lab would help the people robbing our home.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
That's the lab showing through. I often say that our yellow lab would help the people robbing our home.

We had a lab/Great Dane mix (we think). 147 pounds, and didn’t have a mean bone in his body.

While protective of his Mom (my wife), any other time it was “Welcome to my house!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
The UPS driver delivers here to my business several times a week. On Friday he said at Christmas time Portland Maine terminal received 15,000 packages a day.
In the last couple weeks the number is 16,000 packages a day. They are looking for runners to ride on the passanger side jump seat and run packages to the doors all day as the drivers drive. $21.00 an hour to start.
Becouse of the virus everyone is home ordering.