Question on service for L4310

W7AX

Equipment
L4310 HST, Bush hog mower, two different buckets for front end loader, Land box
Mar 23, 2018
Polson, Montana
Been awhile since I been here. Mostly due to a computer crash. I have the above mentioned tractor. When I bought it used it didn't come with the operating manual. This morning a strange light came on on the dashboard. I can't figure out what it means its just to the right of the lights that come on for the preheaters. I checked the oil as I always do. I checked the rear hydraulics oils. No problems there. Most of the filters have been changed in the last year. Total hours are about 900. So what does that light mean? And is there a place to get at least the operating manual ? I bet my Idaho friend and neighbor will have the answers:)

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
NIW may have access to the Owner's manual but I cannot find one.

What I see in the WSM are 4 dashboard warning lights:

Oil pressure
Air cleaner sensor
Parking brake
Charging system

My guess would be the air cleaner sensor.

Dave

W7AX

Equipment
Mar 23, 2018
Polson, Montana
I think you are correct. Now that I look at it, it shows an arrow pointing into an engine I presume. I recently installed a new air cleaner but I'll check it again. Maybe a mouse built a nest in there. :) Thank you for your answer.

W7AX

Equipment
Mar 23, 2018
Polson, Montana
Well I checked the air cleaners and they are like new. But the light stays on. Wondering if there is a reset for that light. ??? Inquiring minds you know :)

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
There may be a reset but it's also possible something is not aligned correctly to close a contact or a micro switch or something. It could be an alignment thing when you installed it.

W7AX

Equipment
Mar 23, 2018
Polson, Montana
I thought of that too. I took them out and carefully inspected them and reinserted. I think the sensor is haywire because I started it up with no filters in and the light stayed on. I have no idea where that sensor is but I see nothing in the area that has wires attached .

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
It sounds as if you have a primary and secondary air filter installed, try removing the inner safety air filter and run the tractor with the air intake cover off, so just using the main external air filter, your light should go out.

If the light does not go out your sensor switch may need replacing or you have a possible wiring issue with the switch.

If the light does go off in the initial test I'm recommending go back to fitting the air intake cover with the primary filter, does the light then go off? If not either your primary filter needs to be replaced or the switch is bad and should be replaced.

Good luck with this.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I thought of that too. I took them out and carefully inspected them and reinserted. I think the sensor is haywire because I started it up with no filters in and the light stayed on. I have no idea where that sensor is but I see nothing in the area that has wires attached .
I have attached a page from the WSM which should help you to find the sensor and test it.

Also parts illustration showing where sensor is located

Dave

Attachments

Last edited: