Zen-Noh ZL2202FD value

Motorheadtom

May 25, 2020
CHERRYVILLE, NC
Hello,
I'm new to this forum and although I've owned a small yanmar its been a while. I moved and have 4 acres that need driveway dragging and some dirt pile moving. I found a person selling a Zen-Noh ZL2202FD with the engine blown ( a literal hole in the block). I searched new engines which seems to be D1402 Kubota and found one for about 3500.00 reman. The tractor has a front end loader and is fairly clean for its age. What would be a fair price for the tractor as is? I know there are variables that cant be known and I'd be taking some risk never seeing anything work on tractor. I am able to switch engines myself and have a shop to do it in.
Maybe even bigger question will this tractor be big enough to do what Im hoping to do.
Any wisdom or experience is appreciated.
thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
One word of warning on the 02's... While the front of the tractor is all Kubota, the rear is not, Transmission issues on these can be a stake to the heart because it's near to impossible to get any parts because none of the other Kubota's used those parts.

Valve is all based on condition, Blown motor will drop the price a lot not only because of that but because you don't know what else might be wrong, transmission, hydraulic system, 4wd system.

I wouldn't give more than scrap value for it.