Job/Careers/Employed/Unemployed...

Black1Star

Apr 29, 2020
United States
Hi All

Thought it might be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to jobs. This can be used to post available positions or members that are looking can post what they looking for or something to that effect
The title may be misleading but I dont see another section like this and I really dont know what to call it.

Basically what Im trying to accomplish is have a thread where members can post available jobs that they know of maybe within their own company or if they know of other companies that are looking?

I think this could be a huge help....Just a thought, who knows it might just help a fellow member out. Help them to get more games, toys and gadgets we dont need!!!

What do guys think? All feedback welcome

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
It sounds like a good idea to me.

It doesn't take from any of the other forums while adding value.

You may want to post this in the suggestions forum.

Good luck with your idea. :D

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
You may want to post this in the suggestions forum.

Good luck with your idea. :D
Sounded like a good idea to me as well.

Don’t believe he has to post a suggestion.....he started a thread that can/will accommodate.

Mission accomplished.... [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Retirement,,the best job I ever had

Reactions: 2 users

PapaJ

Equipment
BX2680 - PFL1242 - RCK54 MMM - Fimco 3PH Sprayer - Trailer Mover
Apr 28, 2020
VA
Retirement,,the best job I ever had
I second this, though I only stopped working for about 30 days after 25 years in the military. Now been a federal civilian coming up on 2 years.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Being military in the federal civilian workforce - I find you have to make a conscious effort to mind yourself. Luckily I now have another ex-mil colleague in the office so we can seek each other out to commiserate over the frequent stupidity.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Planning for the future and being willing to do what it takes to get a job done. Retired at 48 and never looked back.
My dad taught me to never spend all I earned. If I was not earning, I could not spend. I spent a summer couch surfing and sleeping in my car even though I had a lot of money in the bank. I was not earning.
Even now, having not worked in 14 years, I make a point of spending less than what comes in. I know I cannot take it with me but it is comforting to know. Those that inherit will be forced to say '...well, he was not that much of a total jerk...'

The world is constantly changing. Jobs that were 'lifetime secure' were not. You have to be agile and willing to accept change. Starting over is not the end of the world. If you were good at job X, no reason why you cannot also be good at job Y. Most success is from applying yourself and making it happen.
Sorry I cannot provide any leads but I imagine over the next thirty days, a lot of the employment opportunities to open up.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
If you have a CDL, class A or B, plenty of jobs out there. I get offers all the time but I've had enough after 30 years of dealing with idiots on the road.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
+1. Got 'paid' yesterday, every 3rd Wednesday of every month. 2 grand. Living the 'high life' now.:)
Third Thursday for me & get the ATT one on last Friday. I've yet to touch any in my retirement savings so far. When I went into my own business set a plan & it worked out ok.

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
I think a running thread is not a good idea...would be better to be to be set by state or such for searching. Also think they ought to age off the site after say 60 days.

DamarisDowns

Aug 15, 2022
USA
I spent the last year at home playing video games. After a severe surgical operation, my body recovered for a long time, so the doctor forbade me any heavy loads. Unfortunately, I took this ban not as an opportunity to know myself or learn a new business but as a chance to be lazy. Now I'm ready to return to being active, and I'll Attend Trade School to become an electrician. The work of an electrician can be time-consuming and dangerous, but with the right skills, I can earn more than others. The main thing is that my new job does not harm my well-being. I'm still worried, but I believe everything will be fine.

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
When there is a gap of years in a post is it almost always someone new. Whether there are trolling or not, it often takes a while to determine.