Messick's shipping. You've got to be kidding me!!!

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
Spam reported

Orange man hero

Equipment
LX2610HSD
Mar 12, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
This is a $50 light switch (TD350-75360). Its the exact same switch that came with the tractor for the front working lights.

This is smaller that 1.5" cubed and the cheapest shipping is $18.47??

The reason I looked a Messick's is that there are no switches at any of the dealers near me and they said the warehouse doesn't have them either.

I'll wire my own switch before I pay $18.00 for shipping a small package like that. :mad:
Try a joint that sells outboard motor parts. They will charge you 18.00 for a bolt you can get at Lowes for 20 cents. That is after their site yaps about how much $ they are saving you from "the other guy".... shipping for that bolt can be 10 bucks...

arto98607

Equipment
Kubota F3060, Grasshopper 721D, Ford 1310, JD 440 ICD, JD 300
Aug 24, 2014
Southwest WA State
OK maybe so, but how much does it cost you to drive to Lowe's to pick up one 20 cent bolt + the total time it takes to make the trip ?

How much is your time worth?

I think the going mileage rate is somewhere around 55 cent per mile or so according to IRS.

goldenpsp

Equipment
BX 23S
Nov 25, 2017
Baltimore MD
Try a joint that sells outboard motor parts. They will charge you 18.00 for a bolt you can get at Lowes for 20 cents. That is after their site yaps about how much $ they are saving you from "the other guy".... shipping for that bolt can be 10 bucks...
While I'm sure there is some hyperbole I would venture in this specific case the marine bolt is a marine grade stainless steel bolt, which you aren't going to find at Lowes for $0.20

We have all gotten spoiled by amazon prime shipping.

How much is your time worth?
That is true to an extent. You also have the factor of being able to get the part "now" vs a few days.

For this specific thread, luckily I live close enough to Messicks that I just go to the nearest one to get my parts :) I'm not quite close enough to say they are local, but I can plan it for when I'm in their area.

Chris Williams

May 6, 2022
New Hampshire
Just seeing this thread and having just went through a hassle over a $30 bottle of coolant. Their "customer service" manager had no problem telling me they were right and I was wrong. I wanted premix for a top off, and not interested in concentrate, which is clearly marked the bottle as CONCENTRATE by Kubta, seems easy right. Well they used the old bottle style, with no mention in the title of premix or concentrate. I searched on premix or 50/50 and thats the one that came up. The point here is what they shipped was a different bottle than shown and not what I was trying to get

A quick search showed every other competitor writes CONCENTRATE in the title or 50/50. Messicks answer was, well it doesn't say 50/50. Yup, and it doesn't say concentrate either, so I guess I was supposed to figure out what it was.

I know you guys are saying who cares, just mix it except 99% of folks just use tap water which is wrong and can ruin your water pump over time. Now I need some distilled water and the point was to shop from home and not always need to keep 2 gallons around and watch my distilled water freeze in the barn,

The problem wasn't the money, it was the crappy attitude the service manager was, I had thought for sure they would at least give me a return label or something or maybe even send me the premix I wanted. Nope he would rather send pics of his bottle that DOESN'T say premix or concentrate.

Their show guy Neal seems to nice on YT, but the behind the scenes in my experience for parts orders was just a jerk running the show. I have ordered from Coleman and Hooper a bunch of times, the prices are less and shipping was cheaper. I also ordered a wrong electric part from Coleman 4 years ago, which yes I know. My fault and they TOOK IT BACK against their policy via a call and explaining my error. IMO you can't be the most overpriced (Messicsks) highest shipping (Messicks( and still be a jerk when you literally picture one item and send another.

Oh well, off to the pharmacy now, Thanks Mesdicks.

Chris Williams

May 6, 2022
New Hampshire
This is a $50 light switch (TD350-75360). Its the exact same switch that came with the tractor for the front working lights.

This is smaller that 1.5" cubed and the cheapest shipping is $18.47??

The reason I looked a Messick's is that there are no switches at any of the dealers near me and they said the warehouse doesn't have them either.

I'll wire my own switch before I pay $18.00 for shipping a small package like that. :mad:
I know this is old, I feel your pain. They have the worst shipping rates on the planet. I just had an experience them was horrible customer service, combined with bad shipping and I am done with them. They grew their web site huge since 2019 and feel they can do whatever they want. I have used Coleman and Hooper even, I will not shop at these dirtbags any longer. Even their web site has incorrect photos, and they could care less.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
similar 'pain'..required to fill in all the blanks ,including CC info ,to SEE what shipping costs WILL be ! You should ONLY need to pick items,enter your zip/postal code for the 'computer' to calculate shipping cost options.
one place actually completed the order,before showing the shipping(that is in their 'terms of use..)it took emails, calls and 'how-did-we-do ?' msgs over 4 hours before the computer cancelled the order and I got my cc credited.
oh well.. makes life 'interesting'....

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Just seeing this thread and having just went through a hassle over a $30 bottle of coolant. Their "customer service" manager had no problem telling me they were right and I was wrong. I wanted premix for a top off, and not interested in concentrate, which is clearly marked the bottle as CONCENTRATE by Kubta, seems easy right. Well they used the old bottle style, with no mention in the title of premix or concentrate. I searched on premix or 50/50 and thats the one that came up. The point here is what they shipped was a different bottle than shown and not what I was trying to get

A quick search showed every other competitor writes CONCENTRATE in the title or 50/50. Messicks answer was, well it doesn't say 50/50. Yup, and it doesn't say concentrate either, so I guess I was supposed to figure out what it was.

I know you guys are saying who cares, just mix it except 99% of folks just use tap water which is wrong and can ruin your water pump over time. Now I need some distilled water and the point was to shop from home and not always need to keep 2 gallons around and watch my distilled water freeze in the barn,

The problem wasn't the money, it was the crappy attitude the service manager was, I had thought for sure they would at least give me a return label or something or maybe even send me the premix I wanted. Nope he would rather send pics of his bottle that DOESN'T say premix or concentrate.

Their show guy Neal seems to nice on YT, but the behind the scenes in my experience for parts orders was just a jerk running the show. I have ordered from Coleman and Hooper a bunch of times, the prices are less and shipping was cheaper. I also ordered a wrong electric part from Coleman 4 years ago, which yes I know. My fault and they TOOK IT BACK against their policy via a call and explaining my error. IMO you can't be the most overpriced (Messicsks) highest shipping (Messicks( and still be a jerk when you literally picture one item and send another.

Oh well, off to the pharmacy now, Thanks Mesdicks.
I just looked at their website, the description for Kubota coolant says 100%. Personally I never buy the premix since it costs nearly as much per gallon as the real stuff. It is amazing that folks can't just save the old container and mix their own with distilled water. While at Walmart, you can buy the simple antifreeze and distilled water and really save.

Chris Williams

May 6, 2022
New Hampshire
I just looked at their website, the description for Kubota coolant says 100%. Personally I never buy the premix since it costs nearly as much per gallon as the real stuff. It is amazing that folks can't just save the old container and mix their own with distilled water. While at Walmart, you can buy the simple antifreeze and distilled water and really save.
Yup it's 5 lines down in the description with the wrong bottle pictured.

Chris Williams

May 6, 2022
New Hampshire
I agree with you, I shouldn't have bothered with the Kubota branded coolant at all and if I do I will just make the drive to my dealer to avoid confusion.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Shipping. I’m pretty sure the OEM parts houses with a web presence are making a decent part of their profit from shipping. I run in to crazy shipping costs on the regular. A 0.5 lb part that fits in a box 1/3 the size of a small shoe box with a $30 part, or a $300 part can run $38 from TX and $13 from SC. Both UPS ground. There are some shenanigans going on to be sure. Maybe the shipper is screwing the vendor or the vendor putting part of their overhead or profit on top of the an actual shipping cost.

The sites that won’t give me shipping with just a zip code get nexted regardless of whatever bogus “cheap” parts cost they advertise. There is a reason why they won’t make it easy for you. The shipping is crazy high.

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
The sites that won’t give me shipping with just a zip code get nexted regardless of whatever bogus “cheap” parts cost they advertise. There is a reason why they won’t make it easy for you. The shipping is crazy high.
Same here.

Make me jump through too many screens or put in more info than is needed and I am onto the next site.

The YT videos from Neal(sp) are useful, but I fully agree that their online shopping experience is HORRIBLE and shipping is just OUTRAGEOUS!!

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Same here.

Make me jump through too many screens or put in more info than is needed and I am onto the next site.

The YT videos from Neal(sp) are useful, but I fully agree that their online shopping experience is HORRIBLE and shipping is just OUTRAGEOUS!!
If you request USPS shipping from Messicks the cost is reasonable.
If you DO NOT request USPS, you are at the mercy of Messicks, and UPS or FedEX.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
but I fully agree that their online shopping experience is HORRIBLE and shipping is just OUTRAGEOUS!!
I got a hard to find part easily from them, and the e-mail service I got from their parts department was fantastic. I had to ship to NZ, so yes, that was outrageous. But the US portion of shipping on a 60lb part was pretty good. Reshipping from my agent to NZ was eye watering.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
If you request USPS shipping from Messicks the cost is reasonable.
If you DO NOT request USPS, you are at the mercy of Messicks, and UPS or FedEX.
The nearest Messicks is just over an hour from me and far easier to deal with and more reliable than the three dealerships nearby.

Unlike the local dealerships I can lookup and order parts online. That in and of itself is a huge convenience and time saver. For instock items ordered in the AM parts usually arrive next business day via FedEx. Shipping on "small" items is typically $15 - $20. It aint free but its in line with what I get from orher vendors I use a lot like McMaster, MSC, or Discount Hydraulic Hose.

I think we have been spoiled by Amazon Prime and some folks here have unreasonable expectations. When I ship parts to my customers I bill actual postage. Postage on a medium USPS flat rate box costs me $15 and that does not include my packaging time or materials. Thats not a sustainable model for a real business and I dont expect that pricing from Messicks.

Bottom line is if a business charges more for shipping than I think reasonable, the merchandise is junk, or they botch my orders I just look elsewhere. I have not found that to be the case with Messicks.

Just my $.03

Dan

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Everything has gotten expensive in the last 3 years. It is called inflation! If and when we get the inflation under control prices will stabilize and everyone will be happy again. If you have ever shipped anything by UPS or FedEx you would know that they are not inexpensive. The USPS used to have low shipping costs and they are now charging the actual cost of moving a package from point A to point B. I am so old that my parents shipped me to my aunt's home in Vermont every summer using USPS.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The nearest Messicks is just over an hour from me and far easier to deal with and more reliable than the three dealerships nearby.

Unlike the local dealerships I can lookup and order parts online. That in and of itself is a huge convenience and time saver. For instock items ordered in the AM parts usually arrive next business day via FedEx. Shipping on "small" items is typically $15 - $20. It aint free but its in line with what I get from orher vendors I use a lot like McMaster, MSC, or Discount Hydraulic Hose.

I think we have been spoiled by Amazon Prime and some folks here have unreasonable expectations. When I ship parts to my customers I bill actual postage. Postage on a medium USPS flat rate box costs me $15 and that does not include my packaging time or materials. Thats not a sustainable model for a real business and I dont expect that pricing from Messicks.

Bottom line is if a business charges more for shipping than I think reasonable, the merchandise is junk, or they botch my orders I just look elsewhere. I have not found that to be the case with Messicks.

Just my $.03

Dan
I have ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES with Messicks!
IMHO they are the BEST business that I have ever bought from.
My point is simple: If a person ASKS Messicks to ship USPS they will!
Messicks USPS shipping is almost always less than UPS or FedEx!

For me:..... It is just as simple as that!

Chris Williams

May 6, 2022
New Hampshire
I have ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES with Messicks!
IMHO they are the BEST business that I have ever bought from.
My point is simple: If a person ASKS Messicks to ship USPS they will!
Messicks USPS shipping is almost always less than UPS or FedEx!

For me:..... It is just as simple as that!
You are lucky, their "internet manager" was just an idiot to me. When I called him out on the mistake, his answer.....don't reply again. Stick with what works for you but I will use Colemans or others.