L1500 service or repair manual

NormK

Equipment
L1500
Dec 15, 2016
Melbourne Australia
So this has got me thinking again, if it doesn't have live hydraulics then how does the bucket raise and lower, does it only have lift on the up and rely on gravity to tip the bucket? Not being near the machine makes it hard for me to work out
Cheers Norm

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
if it doesn't have live hydraulics

Not sure what you are thinking "live hydraulics" are,
however on a L1500 if the tractor is running the hydraulics are working.
That includes the 3-Point and anything else "plumbed" off the transmission / rear end.

how does the bucket raise and lower, does it only have lift on the up and rely on gravity to tip the bucket?

Again I can not speak to your setup, but mine is controlled this way....

The left lever controls the up / down tilt of the bucket,
the right lever controls the up / down and float of the loader assembly.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The term "Live Hydraulics" means the hydraulics work if the clutch is in or out. ;)

NormK

Equipment
L1500
Dec 15, 2016
Melbourne Australia
Ok now Houston has a problem, my mates tractor is stuck in gear somehow. Gearshift in neutral, start tractor with clutch in, let clutch out and tractor is in reverse. He can shift it into 4th gear and it will drive forward, High and low engage no problem. Only gear he can select is 4th, and take it out of 4th and it is locked in reverse. Anybody have any clues as to what has gone wrong, could it just be in the selector mechanism or is it going to be a case of splitting the tractor. This is an issue for me because this tractor is about 3 hours drive away and I would like some idea as to what I am heading into.
Cheers Norm

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Not a split, to start, but you will have to pull the top off it and find out what is out of alignment, or what is bent or broken.

NormK

Equipment
L1500
Dec 15, 2016
Melbourne Australia
Thanks Wolfman, being only day 2 of this year and I was beginning to think it was going to be a painful year, We will pull the top off and have a look and see how bad it is, I hope it is a selector issue

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
No parts will come flying out or off unless something has been broken inside.
;)

NormK

Equipment
L1500
Dec 15, 2016
Melbourne Australia
Thanks Wolfman once again, always reassuring to know in advance. Now my mate took the top off and was able to free the gear and shifter up so that it now operates as it should. Do you know of any rectification work that can be done to prevent this from happening again as it seems to be a common problem with these, somebody must have come up with a decent fix

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Aside from replacing the shift forks, collars or gates, shifting slowly and methodically is the only other bet. :D

jkk04

Equipment
kubota l1500, JD 410 backhoe,MF 30 tractor, IH TD14 142, BCS 715 tiller
Jan 9, 2017
PLYMOUTH CA
Hello, Wolfman,
I am newbie at this site and purchased l1500 recently.
Removed the reverse gear. It was much much easier to remove it through the steering assembly box hole that need to replace anyway.
I am wondering how to rearrange the shift forks after replace reverse gear.
Anyway it can be done easily?
I don't see any interlock balls on the rails on l1500.

other question is anyhow it can be made more engage the reverse gear to the main gear like bent reverse shift fork or????
Thank you
Jkk

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If the interlock balls are missing then that would explain why the gear is so beat up.
I don't know of any way logically to bend the forks to get more travel as bending then would also not let it travel far enough back to disengage.

jkk04

Equipment
kubota l1500, JD 410 backhoe,MF 30 tractor, IH TD14 142, BCS 715 tiller
Jan 9, 2017
PLYMOUTH CA
If the interlock balls are missing then that would explain why the gear is so beat up.
I don't know of any way logically to bend the forks to get more travel as bending then would also not let it travel far enough back to disengage.
Thank you for replying.
Probably they were missing long time ago.
Do you have any picture for locating the balls on the rails?(attached picture)

Also, do you have any easy way the forks back on the gears then set top plate on?

Thank you
John

Attachments

Cletus1234

Equipment
Kubota L1500 2wd with a Slasher
Jan 20, 2018
Australia
G'day Darren.*

My name is Matt and I have recently purchased an L1500 2wd tractor. Great little tractor. Looking to service it soon. Just filter swaps and engine and gearbox oil. I have seen In a thread that you have the service manual for this tractor. If you would be able to email me this that would be much appreciated.

Also I was wondering if the gearbox and rear differential oil is the same. Does the oil flow from the filler cap (inbetween your feet of top of the gearbox) into the rear differential when refilling it. Or are they 2 seperate cases with another filler cap under the seat somewhere for the rear diff oil. Look foward to hearing from you. I have pmd you my email address.

Thankyou, Matt.

billrigsby

Equipment
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com

Here is a link to a few service manuals and a parts manual for the L175 (US Equivalent).
One of these came from Darren when I first got my L1500DT

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/umsvpn352rzjmab/AAArcXhWFfC_cNLiIssZxg_Fa?dl=0

Also I was wondering if the gearbox and rear differential oil is the same. Does the oil flow from the filler cap (inbetween your feet of top of the gearbox) into the rear differential when refilling it.
Thankyou, Matt.

Yes, Oil is the same and one filler cap.

bobbyv003

Equipment
L1500
Aug 6, 2017
Arkansas

billrigsby

Equipment
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com

Mike H

Equipment
L1500
May 19, 2020
Andersonville
I just bought a L1500 or so the owner said it was. I need a few things one since it is a Gray Market tractor where would the serial number be located. Second and most important where can I get a parts catalog for this tractor. I need to replace the toplink plate as the one on it is homemade and my pin wont fit nor my toplink bar.

Thanks,
Mike