L1500 service or repair manual

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Ok that's the brake drum the shoes/ pads are inside.
Looks like you already have the cir-clip off the shaft, so just tap the sides with a dead blow or rubber hammer to get the drums off the shaft, you might have to back the brake rods off as the shoes might be worn into a grove on the inside of the drum. ;)

Gordon Jones

Equipment
L1500
Jul 17, 2011
Tualatin,Oregon
Those drums are pretty robust. You can hit them fairly hard. I had my local brake repair shop re-shoe and turn the drums. Now the tractor stops like it should. G

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Did you pull the external cir-clips?
If you did not push, then drums onto the shaft and look for the clip in the grove on the shaft.

rory strong

Equipment
L1500
May 17, 2015
Montavello, al
everything is off except the brake arm which i cannot get off which seems to be the main problem( attacked to the plate) they have seized up on both sides, not sure if it screws off or have to knock it apart, Any ideas?

NormK

Equipment
L1500
Dec 15, 2016
Melbourne Australia
I'm also looking for a manual for a mate of mine who has had his L1500 for about 6 months now and he keeps asking me questions about it that I can't answer.

NormK

Equipment
L1500
Dec 15, 2016
Melbourne Australia
Thanks Bill, much appreciated, I have passed it on to my mates daughter up the bush, so she can show him to make sure it is right before she prints it off for him. Should make him happy.
Another problem he just mentioned is that there is an oil leak on top of the gearbox, coming from the plate the gear levers are mounted to. Is there supposed to be a breather on the gearbox and could this be blocked causing this leak?
Cheers Norm

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Is there supposed to be a breather on the gearbox and could this be blocked causing this leak?
Yes, it's normally under the seat and should have a ? shaped rubber hose on it.

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
there is an oil leak on top of the gearbox, coming from the plate the gear levers are mounted to. Is there supposed to be a breather on the gearbox and could this be blocked causing this leak?
Cheers Norm
I just looked at mine and I do not have a breather,
parts list only shows a gasket (14 in the diagram)...

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Bill,
Lift the seat and take a picture and I'll point out the breather or where it should be. ;)

billrigsby

Equipment
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Bill,
Lift the seat and take a picture and I'll point out the breather or where it should be. ;)

This is under the seat.....

And this is directly in front of it.....

I even checked the parts manual, do not see a breather ? :confused:

Attachments

NormK

Equipment
L1500
Dec 15, 2016
Melbourne Australia
Excellent info once again, very much appreciated, obviously the vent hole is blocked. Every photo brings up another question and the one looking atr the control adjuster with F and S on it I think controls the lift/lower rate on the hydraulics, correct? The 3 point linkage is obviously not live hydraulics with just lift control, not lowering. This is all run using the gearbox/diff oil? This machine is also fitted with a Bulldog loader, any clues as to where the pump and oil tank for this is fitted. Sorry for all these questions but I have only looked over this machine briefly as it is at a mates place about 3 hours drive away and I only get up there every month or so.
Thanks again for all the help, much appreciated.
Cheers Norm

billrigsby

Equipment
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Every photo brings up another question and the one looking atr the control adjuster with F and S on it I think controls the lift/lower rate on the hydraulics, correct? The 3 point linkage is obviously not live hydraulics with just lift control, not lowering. This is all run using the gearbox/diff oil?
That is correct, controls the lowering rate. And runs off the gear oil.

This machine is also fitted with a Bulldog loader, any clues as to where the pump and oil tank for this is fitted.
I can not speak to your setup, however my Great Bend loader is directly connected to the hydraulic lines via an adapter and uses the internal gear oil.

I think this is the standard for FELs, Backhoes may have there own tank?
Unfortunately I do not have on so I am not positive on that. :mad:

Attachments

NormK

Equipment
L1500
Dec 15, 2016
Melbourne Australia
Thanks Bill I would say you are right there, I didn't see a pump or tank and I did see the loader lines appearing to run towards the rear. If this is the case then it does not have live hydraulics on the loader either, hydraulic lift but you only open the valve to lower the bucket? This hits on the head his wish to fit a 4 in one bucket then.
Once again thanks
Cheers Norm