Over filled oil

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
You guys are great! Thanks for the advice, going for a compression tester later today. Couldn't find the specs what psi it should be, just 24:1 ratio, not quite sure what that means. Planning on removing everything in my way, air filter etc., pulling fuel line before it gets to pump, the fuel rail and then all 3 injectors/ nozzle holders, and screwing tester into the head. Crank and record results.
Im I missing anything? Never have done this before.
Someone that really knows can comment, but atmospheric pressure is about 14.7 psi. 24 times that is about 350 psi. Not sure how the real world works though. But a comparison between the cylinders should give a hint. All being the same would be great.

Edit: I assume one being lower would indicate the likelihood of a bent connecting rod.

Last edited:

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
Couldn't find the specs what psi it should be, just 24:1 ratio, not quite sure what that means.
The following is compression readings from the B2601 WSM available on kubotabooks.com:
Factory Specification
541 to 597 psi

Allowable Limit
327 psi

Variance Among Cylinders:10 % or less

Last edited:

Mudman

Premium Member

Equipment
B2601,FEL,MMM
May 26, 2020
Ohio
Thanks wgater, the compression test kit I got from Harbor Freight didn't have the correct adapter to do the test.The WSM says adapter L , once I find one I'll do the test and post the results

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Definitely listening to it more, a little depressed I may have damaged something that is supposed to make my life easier. I blew out around the injectors this morning with air gun, got it all real clean and fired it up, watched closely and there wasn't any bubbling around #1 injector, weird. Then cut 3+ acres and moved a couple yards of dirt and checked again, still very clean and no sign of leaking. Didnt seam to have any loss of power, I guess I really won't know till I start digging trenches with subsoiler next week. Ive ordered seals for all 3 injectors, i'll certainly be watching closely. Thank you all for your replies!
If the tractor starts fine, and you use it mowing without a hiccup, I'd say you're just fine.

When you purchased the tractor did you get the Kubota insurance? I think that would cover and serious damage repair cost.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
If the tractor starts fine, and you use it mowing without a hiccup, I'd say you're just fine.

When you purchased the tractor did you get the Kubota insurance? I think that would cover and serious damage repair cost.
D2Cat is correct, Kubota Insurance would cover any damage it.

Mudman

Premium Member

Equipment
B2601,FEL,MMM
May 26, 2020
Ohio
Thanks D2cat and whitetiger! Fortunately I did get the Kubota insurance, I put new heat seals in with copper washer and new copper seals on the injectors under the fuel rail that connects all 3 injectors, no leaks. It does seam to knock a little louder than before I made the mistake, guess I'll keep running it and if something bad happens, I'll be covered.Still gonna due the compression test once I get the adapter, for my own sanity.