L3010 Three Point Hitch

Funky Kubota

Equipment
L3010
Apr 16, 2020
Funk Caye, Belize
New to the Forum, so this question has undoubtedly been answered many times before. L3010 GST. Loader and 3 point working fine until I changed hydraulic fluid and filter. Now loader works OK but the 3 point does not. Any ideas? Thanks

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Nothing else changed? Have you run the tractor for a few minutes to get air bubbles out? Is there a speed adjustment valve for the 3 point hitch that is closed (on my tractor is it right in front and below the seat)

Funky Kubota

Equipment
L3010
Apr 16, 2020
Funk Caye, Belize
Thanks for response. Yes, have had the tractor running for a while. no signs of air bubbles. The speed control knob below seat appears to work and was certainly working before I changed fluid and filter. So have tried that in all positions.

Funky Kubota

Equipment
L3010
Apr 16, 2020
Funk Caye, Belize
My 3 point still not working. Have run unit for a while to clear any air bubbles in hydraulic system. Also checked the 3 point speed control in various positions.

Does anyone have any new ideas I can try.

Thanks

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
Does your tractor have a "draft" lever for the 3 point hitch along with the position lever? If so be sure it is at the top of the slot.

Are you 100% sure the fluid level is at least to the low level? Regardless if sight gage or dipstick new fluid can be little hard to detect.

Are you sure no linkage was hit or damage while changing the filter?

Funky Kubota

Equipment
L3010
Apr 16, 2020
Funk Caye, Belize
Thanks for response. Fluid level is close to top of sight glass.

Don't think anything was knocked while fitting new filter but worth checking. The unit does not have a draft lever, but has the slot for one, I think. Not at tractor now but will check.

Funky Kubota

Equipment
L3010
Apr 16, 2020
Funk Caye, Belize
No draft lever on Tractor. Still have same issues with 3 point raising. As the 3 point is not working, when I use tractor, I put 3 point hitch lever into raised position, lift the hitch by hand and lock into the upper retaining hook. When I park tractor and release from upper hook, it stays up and I can lower hydraulically with lever.

Amy more recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Did you disconnect any hoses on the loader valve?

The hydraulic feed to the 3 pt hitch probably comes from the loader valve through a power beyond port.

Are you certain the loader valve is returning to the neutral or middle position?

If you have power steering is it working?

Is your GST transmission working properly?

Dave

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
So 3pt was working fine, you changed hydraulic oil filter and oil, then it was not working ? I would go back over everything I done during that maintenance. Changing oil and filter should not cause this issue. We have to break it down to what the root cause of the malfunction is - which is likely no fluid is flowing to the 3pt hitch. Why would this be? This is why folks are asking if you messed with hoses or anything, or if you are certain the fluid is at the proper level - something is causing no fluid flow to the 3pt hitch. Whatever is preventing the flow occured during your maintenance, so go over everything you did backwards. Double check anything you adjusted. If all you did was pop the drain plugs, drain the oil, pop out the old filter, put in new filter, put drain plugs back in, then refill with oil, then It wouldnt make any sense for this simple operation to break the 3pt. Something else was done, or something is blocking fluid flow to the back end.

Funky Kubota

Equipment
L3010
Apr 16, 2020
Funk Caye, Belize
Thanks to Dave and Tornado for your observations. The oil/filter change process was straightforward, as described by Tornado. No adjustments to anything.

Around the same time, I changed one of the short hoses to the loader, but did not disconnect any hoses directly at the loader valve.

Loader valve is settling in neutral. Have not had any issues with that.

Funky Kubota

Equipment
L3010
Apr 16, 2020
Funk Caye, Belize
Actually, neither. There did not appear to be any thread seal on the old one, so did not apply on the new connection. I am guessing you are recommending the hydraulic sealant rather than the Teflon tape?

Many thanks for your input.

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
Darn, you got me... Yes, I was thinking a piece of Teflon tape might be caught in the Pressure relief... Thus not letting fluid go to the 3ph.

Actually, I think the pressure relief is actually before the FEL controls... so barking up the wrong tree. :p

I assume you've looked at the linkage for the 3 point control?