pellet Smoker Brisket

Tpack

Equipment
Kubota L3901/4x4/525 FEL /1260 Cutter
Aug 22, 2015
Stephenville
This was my first attempt at cooking a brisket on my Rec Tec pellet smoker. I had my concerns about the amount of smoke flavor it would have since I had been using an offset smoker for over 30 years. I am happy to say that the smoke flavor of this brisket was great and it was as tender as any brisket I ever cooked or tasted.

I cooked a Prime brisket Saturday on my Rec Tec that was about 8.5 lbs. after trimming and cooked @180 degrees(extreme smoke) for 8 hours untill it hit the stall at 155 internal degrees. I wrapped and put it in the oven inside the house @210 degrees and after 4 more hours the point was 205 internal degrees and the Thermapen went in like butter.. I wrapped in a towel and placed inside a cooler for 4 hours. It turned out great. Total cook time was 12 hours or about 1.5 hours per lb.

[/quote]

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
That just is not right! You failed to give us directions to your table.

I use to do a good bit of smoking but for some reason seems my time is busy elsewhere and can not figure out where it went. Have wondered about the pellet cooker, I have an offset smoker and have had some very great meat come off of it.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Very nice,
I got spoiled with my pellet smoker... pretty much set the temp and walk away...

I rarely use my stick burner anymore.

I do find the pellet smoker does not give as much smoke flavor as the wood but
some times I will take a small piece of hickory and place it close to the pellet cup... It will smolder but not burn completely... nice little additive..

that brisket looks great.