Drop bottom lime spreader

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Still lookin for a drop bottom spreader, thats not going to cost an arm and leg new idea 6 or 7 footer

northern hunter

Equipment
b7100hst-d
Mar 2, 2011
Becker, Mn
Have you ever thought about using a broadcast spreader and using pellatized lime instead ! We have been using one for years. I know that pouderd lime works faster. But not by much wouldnt go back to powder lime again to much of a mess. I pay about $45 a ton for the pellatized lime bagged for me.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah i would go with a broadcast spreader but around here they are a ton of bucks,, And finding a smaller one for the BX is next to imposiable,, you ahhh aint got one errr layin around in the barn for the cheap do ya?

catbird7

Mar 28, 2011
USA
AG lime is much cheaper & works faster, that's why farmers use it. Around $5.00/Ton. I have a homemade drop spreader that we use on food plots, it works great! Looks like a pretty simple design, gravity feed with an axle that runs through the entire width and has a bunch of pins sticking out of it. The pins agitate the lime in the hopper before it drops out the bottom. Agitation is required or the lime will settle in the bottom.