New B2650 Snowblower

Steveo

Equipment
B2650 w/ Cab FEL, Snowblower, Rear Box
Dec 14, 2019
Traverse City, MI
Just purchased a brand new B2650 w/ Snowblower, got it home, hooked up the snowblower for the first time and it had a strange noise coming from it. Only thing I can compare it to is a card in bicycle spokes. It’s for sure coming from the blower, auger is clear of any debris. Is this normal? Dealer isn’t open on Sunday (tomorrow) so I can’t call them to ask. I’d like to clear some snow before they open again on Monday. Thanks!

Sodark

Equipment
2018 B2650 HST ROPS, BH77 Backhoe
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
I have 0 knowledge or experience w/snowblowers, but it might be helpful to post the manufacturer and model number. Should be a sticker on there somewhere.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Check the fan. Is it making contact with the housing anywhere? Any paint wearing off around it?
Also have a look and make sure the chain is running in a straight line with the sprockets and that it has the correct tension.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
You should have gotten the installation/owners manual with it. Probably worth your while now to work you way through it, and also photograph how it is at the moment. These pics may come in handy next winter when you go to put it on again. Mine is pretty noisy when running empty, but hard to say how it would compare.

Steveo

Equipment
B2650 w/ Cab FEL, Snowblower, Rear Box
Dec 14, 2019
Traverse City, MI

Update. Found someone having the same issue on another forum. His issue was the chain was too tight and not greased. I removed the chain cover and greased the chain with bar and chain oil. Noise got much better. I can’t for the life of me figure out how to adjust the tension on the chain however. Mine is VERY tight also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

Update. Found someone having the same issue on another forum. His issue was the chain was too tight and not greased. I removed the chain cover and greased the chain with bar and chain oil. Noise got much better. I can’t for the life of me figure out how to adjust the tension on the chain however. Mine is VERY tight also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are 4 bolts on the left side, 2 easily accessible, 2 not so much. Manual shows how to do some of this. You loosen bolts and pull on the tensioner.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
If yours is brand new, I wouldn't rush to loosen chain if it appears to be working ok, it will loosen up on its own, but keep checking it. Mine got too loose, and I had to tighten it, and was able to do it with the upper two bolts, didn't have the right tools to access the lower two. Always felt guilty because not symmetrical, but it seems to work ok. Just be sure it is kept lubed. You can inject oil through the little hole in the top.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Sheepfarmer is right, a new chain will stretch and should be checked and greased (I use chainsaw oil) after every use. Also try and clean out any snow that is left in the blower after use. If you leave it and it freezes you stand a chance of breaking shear pins or worst the next time you go to use it. You should also pick up a piece of tubing from a local muffler shop to redirect your exhaust down or to the side so it's not pointed at your blower

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Check the fan. Is it making contact with the housing anywhere? Any paint wearing off around it?
Also have a look and make sure the chain is running in a straight line with the sprockets AND THAT IT HAS THE CORRECT TENSION.
You're welcome. LOL.