Must have 3 pt or FEL accessories?

Sodark

Equipment
2018 B2650 HST ROPS, BH77 Backhoe
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
https://northstarattachments.com/attachments/bucket-tooth-bar/

I bought this instead of the Piranha, the only thing I changed was buying stainless acorn nuts from McMaster Carr.

No drilling the side of the bucket, I ordered it through the implement dealer near me , total with shipping $425.

Very happy with this, it stays on tight and easy to remove, even with about a 3/4" droop in the center of my bucket.

Some have said the Piranha is not tempered steel , this one is tempered.

Basically the same price, they had very good information and answered any questions I had even through texts.

The biggest thing I liked not drilling through the bucket. View attachment 46365
What was your aversion to drilling the bucket for the PTB? The labor, or just the idea of putting a hole in it? It was pretty simple, took about 15 minutes.

Piper59

Equipment
L2501 w fel,howse 5ft.bush hog,howse 5ft.bb,piranha TB,MTL Grapple, Titan forks
Aug 21, 2019
Orangefield,Tx.
I would say a grapple if you live in any wooded area.I don't have one yet but just got the 3rd.function valve installed.Have lots of timber to move & burn.

captmikem

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660 MX 4800 and a bunch of attachments.
Mar 16, 2017
SW Washington State.
I would say a grapple if you live in any wooded area.I don't have one yet but just got the 3rd.function valve installed.Have lots of timber to move & burn.
I agree,
My grapple is the handiest thing I have on my tractor. I use it to clear brush, excellent for clearing blackberries. I use it when falling trees. I cut them in to 12 ft lengths, stack them and haul them with the grapple. once the logs are removed I pick up all the limbs with the grapple. I then open it and drag it backwards and it picks up all the small stuff. My slash piles are high and easy to stack and tend with the grapple. I just cleared an area in a property I bought that had about 40 tires, a bunch of metal, old wood timbers, pipes, plastic buckets etc in a blackberry overgrown area. cleared it out, stacked all the trash and piled the tires, (from small car tires to large tractor tires) without once getting off the tractor.

I love it.

M

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Biggest screw-up I made when buying my slightly-used Kubota M4700DT was selecting from the two otherwise identical units... the one without a grapple because I thought I’d never need it. Didn’t think about the extra hydraulic capabilities and the imaginative use I could make of a grapple... and the price difference was only $4K. $17k vs $21K for machines with less than 500 hrs each.
Oh well... still got a great tractor and still haven’t needed a grapple.... yet.