? about what front tires to use

tehans

Aug 28, 2019
Orient
I bought a B2400 4wd Hydro and would like to put R1 or R4 tires on the front. It appears to have stock turf on the front and some kind of stock V rib pattern on the back What siz could I use on the front without changing the wheels. I know there is a concern about the sizes on the front and the rear matching exactly, but is this a concern when only engaging the 4wd when it is wet and slippery?

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I bought a B2400 4wd Hydro and would like to put R1 or R4 tires on the front. It appears to have stock turf on the front and some kind of stock V rib pattern on the back What siz could I use on the front without changing the wheels. I know there is a concern about the sizes on the front and the rear matching exactly, but is this a concern when only engaging the 4wd when it is wet and slippery?
I looked at your picture

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JTvcHeqDpQFcpZDAA

And that is a stock alternate to standard turfs.

You can mount an R4 on that front rim of you can find an R4 that is the same rim size and RC (rolling circumference).

R1 would require new rims along with tires.

Doing mismatched tire ratio's on a 4wd can cause damage at any time the 4wd is engaged, the spider gears in the front diff is about the size of your thumb, you don't want to stress them because you've mismatched tires.

tehans

Aug 28, 2019
Orient
OK thanks for the info, I will try to do some research on that, so basically the front tire needs to be the same outer diameter as the one on it, so it has the same circumference?

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
I will try to do some research on that, so basically the front tire needs to be the same outer diameter as the one on it, so it has the same circumference?
NIW referred to "Rolling Circumference" which accounts for the reduced radius due to load. This is important as Turf tires have a tendency to squish more under load effectively reducing rolling circumference. Therefore measuring static diameters may not be sufficient to maintain F/R ratios.

Rolling circumference or loaded radius can be found in the manufactures catalog.

For reference I've included a link to Titan's catalog, so you can see first hand Loaded Circumference and Loaded Radius dimension. http://www.titanstore.com/info/4SF324

Good luck and let us know what you find.

tehans

Aug 28, 2019
Orient
So if I want to go ahead and replace the front and rear tires, I will need to get different wheels? The dealer wants a lot of money for the wheels. Are there any alternatives so I can run industrial type tires?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
So if I want to go ahead and replace the front and rear tires, I will need to get different wheels? The dealer wants a lot of money for the wheels. Are there any alternatives so I can run industrial type tires?
Yes you will need to get the rims that match the tires.

EBay is your best bet for the rims and possibly the tires too.