Loading tires

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US
You also can use a 5 gallon bucket with a tire valve stem in the bottom. ( hose in between)Put the bucket on a step ladder let the Jack down fill the bucket and Jack the tractor back up it will take the bucket in at one time with out stopping. Repeat until filled.I put 30 gallon in the rear tires on an 8n after new rear tires.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
You also can use a 5 gallon bucket with a tire valve stem in the bottom. ( hose in between)Put the bucket on a step ladder let the Jack down fill the bucket and Jack the tractor back up it will take the bucket in at one time with out stopping. Repeat until filled.I put 30 gallon in the rear tires on an 8n after new rear tires.

Ahhh, that's a clever idea, and I don't believe it would have ever occurred to me to do it that way. Mine are filled, so I'll just file it away...

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH

More details please:confused:

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US
I took a 5 gallon bucket drilled a hole that fit a rubber valve stem. Put valve in from inside the bucket remove the core from the valve. On the tractor side Jack up the tractor and deflate the tire remove the core. Connect the hose between let the Jack down until the tire is completely flat.place bucket on ladder higher than the top of the tire.make sure the valve is at 11 or 12 o'clock fill the bucket with whatever you are going to use for ballast Jack up the tractor.the suction from the tire will pull the liquid in as the tire expands. Bucket empty repeat until you get the desired amount of liquid in the tire. I used used automotive antifreeze in my 8 n actually didn't take long to fill and the price was right (free).

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Thanks for clarifying.

With the air out one could use various ways to squash the tire more (ratchet straps, jack etc.) to create a greater vacuum upon allowing the tire to re-expand. Keeping the bucket topped up to increase pressure might help too? Might cut the number of times you have to air it up and deflate again to get the whole amount of antifreeze in there that you want to add.

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US
I think that it took me 4 times I only put 15 gallon in each tire. It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be.

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
Filling them doesn't sound too hard. But what is an easy and clean way to drain off some rim gaurd ? Mine are too full . I can't even check my tire pressure without the goo coming out . No weight on tire, valve stem at top,purge the valve stem with air, and all I get is a mess.

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US
I had a flat on that 8n had to drain. Put valve at 12 o'clock remove valve rotate the tire put hose in a bucket the liquid will flow out let Jack down when the bucket is full Jack the tractor back up and turn the valve back up repeat until you have removed the amount you want. Takes longer to get it back out than it does to put in but it can be done. I know it works with AntIfreeze don't know about rim guard never fooled with it.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
. . . . Takes longer to get it back out than it does to put in but it can be done. . . .
Next time, if there is a next time, instead of just waiting for gravity to do it's job add 5 - 10 psi of air to the tire and watch the magic happen.

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US
I never thought of that to aggravated about having a flat on a brand new tire and tube.