Rear Wheel Weights

zoomy

Equipment
l5740,6' Brush mower, Bobcat 873,Marshal tree saw, 48" Pallet Forks, Bobcat T770
Feb 22, 2014
Mundelien, IL
I have a 2008 LA5740 and need some advice on OEM rear wheel weights.
I left my 1500 pound brush mower on the 3 point for extra rear wheel weigh for FEL winter snow removal. the problem I am finding is that this removes weight from the front tires and I am having trouble steering.
I went on the Kubota web site and searched parts fotr OEM rear wheel weights but was unable to find any. Maybe I am missing something but Kubota has an awful parts search on thier website.
Does anyone have any info / experience with rear wheel weights for a LA5740? How much weigh should I install? I would like to stay with OEM to avoid compatability problems and do not want to have to prep and paint
Any part numbers and pricing? Thanks.

Last edited:

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I have four sitting in the bed of my truck waiting for the ground to dry up enough to get my tractor out of the barn and up to my shop to put them on. I got them from my dealer and will try to find the invoice. They weigh about 60 pounds each. I needed counterbalance to compensate for the cab brush guard my brother added.

I'll try to find the cost an pn, I got several things at the same time, so I don't know the cost.

Wildfire has some on his L5740, if you can find one of his threads.

zoomy

Equipment
l5740,6' Brush mower, Bobcat 873,Marshal tree saw, 48" Pallet Forks, Bobcat T770
Feb 22, 2014
Mundelien, IL
I have four sitting in the bed of my truck waiting for the ground to dry up enough to get my tractor out of the barn and up to my shop to put them on. I got them from my dealer and will try to find the invoice. They weigh about 60 pounds each. I needed counterbalance to compensate for the cab brush guard my brother added.

I'll try to find the cost an pn, I got several things at the same time, so I don't know the cost.

Wildfire has some on his L5740, if you can find one of his threads.
Thanks, I will put a call in to my dealer. Do you know how many weights Can be mounted per wheel and not have them sticking out past the wheel?

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Thanks, I will put a call in to my dealer. Do you know how many weights Can be mounted per wheel and not have them sticking out past the wheel?
Check to see if your dealer can get heavier ones, mine said he could only get 60 pound segments and I believe Wildfire has ones that weigh 200 each; may be a Canadian thing or my dealer just couldn't find them. I really didn't need much, so it worked well for me. Wildfire has two on each side and any more will stick out too far; can see the weights about six minutes in on this video. He goes by 4shorts on You Tube and TBN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MTFZDmgziU

Last edited:

zoomy

Equipment
Feb 22, 2014
Mundelien, IL
Check to see if your dealer can get heavier ones, mine said he could only get 60 pound segments and I believe Wildfire has ones that weigh 200 each; may be a Canadian thing or my dealer just couldn't find them. I really didn't need much, so it worked well for me. Wildfire has two on each side and any more will stick out too far; can see the weights about six minutes in on this video. He goes by 4shorts on You Tube and TBN.

I want to add about 600-800 pounds. I checked out the video and those look like what I had in mind. Thanks for the link.

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
You are more than welcome and please keep us posted on your progress.

Out of curiosity, do you have fluid in your tires?

Last edited:

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Wheel weights are very good, but you will still need counter weight on the 3 pt hitch when doing loader work. The front axle is not tough enough to take the full load all the time.

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Everything Attachments also has them, but the OP indicated he wanted OEM and didn't want to have to paint them.

Kubotaman41291

Equipment
Kubota B8200, 1995 Dodge RAM 1500 5.9l V8 4x4, 18 ft. flatbed trailer
May 13, 2011
Murfreesboro, TN
does anyone know if they make wheel weights for a B8200? also any suggestions for fatter tires in the rear of my B8200 even tho its 2WD, also what about any fatter front tires for better front traction?

Thanks for any input.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
I have two on each wheel. They weigh in at 220 lbs each. You can put up to three on each side but I didn't want that many so I went with four. I added the center caps with nuts. It's a custom thing :rolleyes:

Last edited:

zoomy

Equipment
Feb 22, 2014
Mundelien, IL
You are more than welcome and please keep us posted on your progress.

Out of curiosity, do you have fluid in your tires?
No, I have not tried fluid. I understand it is the least expensive and I ams still considering it. Sodium chloride seems to give the most weight for the least amount of $, just afraid of the corrosion problems in non tubed tires.
I am calling my dealer to get pricing.

Bluegill

Equipment
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
I personally would not use sodium chloride, but do use a ethyl alcohol
water mix. Doesn't freeze & adds plenty of weight. Fixin to add wheel
weights also.

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I know, but 50-60% less $ is worth considering.

I had planned to go OEM also, but... :)
I can sure understand that.

No, I have not tried fluid. I understand it is the least expensive and I ams still considering it. Sodium chloride seems to give the most weight for the least amount of $, just afraid of the corrosion problems in non tubed tires.
I am calling my dealer to get pricing.
Our dealer uses windshield washer fluid, it is not as heavy, but it's non corrosive. We used calcium chloride when I was growing up and it will corrode the rims though it takes a very long time.

zoomy

Equipment
Feb 22, 2014
Mundelien, IL
As far as after market weights I want to give a little insight why I prefer OEM. A farmer friend had a bad experience buying a new set of after market weights purchased on line needed 4 hours of grinding time because the weight where rocking so badly when nested he was afraid to tighten them down and risk cracking the weights or stressing and distorting the wheel. He then had to sand blast, prime and paint. He spent 12 hours doing this because he had to build a frame with hooks to hang the six 85 pound weights and wait for drying between coats. It's been four years since he did this and no longer has the frame or hooks so I can't borrow them.
All this work would probably be worth the 300-400 dollar savings I just don't want to spend the two days to fix a problem on a new part and all the prep and paint before installing.

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I prefer OEM unless I know someone who has had good success with the aftermarket product. I am anxious to get mine on, but it will be a while, too muddy to move anything and more on the way.

Bluegill

Equipment
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
I also prefer OEM on most everything, but am considering different on the
weights. Might change my mind though. Haven't ordered them yet.

zoomy

Equipment
Feb 22, 2014
Mundelien, IL
Does anyone know where I can buy a set of LM8132 rear wheel weights. According to Wildfire in Canada, his are 220 pounds each. Here in the USA the only available are 103 pounds each.

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA

I'm not sure that You Tube info you have posted above is correct for Wildfire (Paul). I find him listed as "Paul Short" on You Tube.