Trying to decide on wheel spacers width

Csxman66

Equipment
Kubota BX25D,bushhog, box blade,rototiller.
May 3, 2014
Lake lure,nc
Any axle or seal problems reported with the use of spacers? I'm thinking of getting 2 inch for the rear and 1.5 for the front. Any suggestions?

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Any axle or seal problems reported with the use of spacers? I'm thinking of getting 2 inch for the rear and 1.5 for the front. Any suggestions?
It shouldn't be any trouble on the rear. I wouldn't space out the front - it is really hard on the steering components, particularly with the loader.

Last edited:

Ky Kubota

Equipment
'13 BX2670, FEL, 60" MMM, Land Pride RB1560 rear bladeLand Pride RTR 0550 tiller
Nov 8, 2013
Berea, Ky
Yep,,,I'd pass on the front. You don't need them on the front. The rear 2" made mine very stable on side slopes. Different machine.

number9

Equipment
L3800HST, 4x4, LA524
Apr 25, 2013
KY
I've not had any issues so far with my spacers. I've since switched to AG tires/wheels and had the dealer set them out all the way. From what I remember I think the overall width is still close to what it was with the R4's on.

These wheel spacers are for sure some of the best money I've spent on my tractor.

number9

Equipment
L3800HST, 4x4, LA524
Apr 25, 2013
KY
Figured I'd post an update....I've not had any issues with the 3" spacers from Motorports-Tech at all. However, we recently had a lot of dozer work done and this spring I'll have a TON of slope mowing to do and while I haven't been on it yet (trying to get the young grass established) from eyeballing it looks like some of the slopes are a lot steeper than I've been mowing (20-25*), so I've added wheel weights as well as stepped up to 5" wheel spacers from same vendor.

I've had them on a little over a week but haven't mowed since. Will mow today and try the combo of them and the weights out on the slopes.

My TnT setup allowed the RH QH handle to get up into the tail light and busted it. I removed them both to keep from happening again. Yea, it looks BAD, but I am going to make a cap plate and mount in their place to tidy the tail up a little.

I will admit that I was a little concerned going to 5", but replacing wheel bearings would be a whole lot cheaper than a tractor roll over or a funeral :(

Pic of "before" with 3" wheel spacers, R1's set all the way out.

First new 5" spacer on.

Both new spacers installed. It's 72" from outside edge of tread (not sidewall).

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Figured I'd post an update....I've not had any issues with the 3" spacers from Motorports-Tech at all. However, we recently had a lot of dozer work done and this spring I'll have a TON of slope mowing to do and while I haven't been on it yet (trying to get the young grass established) from eyeballing it looks like some of the slopes are a lot steeper than I've been mowing (20-25*), so I've added wheel weights as well as stepped up to 5" wheel spacers from same vendor.

I've had them on a little over a week but haven't mowed since. Will mow today and try the combo of them and the weights out on the slopes.

My TnT setup allowed the RH QH handle to get up into the tail light and busted it. I removed them both to keep from happening again. Yea, it looks BAD, but I am going to make a cap plate and mount in their place to tidy the tail up a little.

I will admit that I was a little concerned going to 5", but replacing wheel bearings would be a whole lot cheaper than a tractor roll over or a funeral :(

Pic of "before" with 3" wheel spacers, R1's set all the way out.

First new 5" spacer on.

Both new spacers installed. It's 72" from outside edge of tread (not sidewall).

she's spread wider than a prostitute looking at $100 bill! :eek: --- now that was terrible - I should not have said that !!! I bet it will take the pucker factor right out of sideways mowing!!!

I like the cleanout caps too, I like how you have the cord on them, just in case one gets away. I use two vertically for chain holders, I think the cord idea is a plus!

scrubbuck

Equipment
L3800HST
Nov 24, 2012
Mount Horeb, WI
I just ordered 2 inch wheel spacers from Motor-sport tech.com. $487.00. This will allow me to put chains on the rear of my L3800 HST. Now which chain is the best for plowing 5/16 or 3/8 preferably? can someone advise? Thanks, Scott :)