Trying to decide on wheel spacers width

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Just be careful going between trees and obstacles. My brother in law has an L3010 with very wide rear tires. The sidewalls are heavily scarred and damaged.

number9

Equipment
L3800HST, 4x4, LA524
Apr 25, 2013
KY
I mowed yesterday for the first time since putting the spacers on. I was able to make 3 passes along the hill by the pond. About 3/4 way up, the hill gets a little steeper and my pucker factor decided that was far enough. Could the tractor have done it with stock track width?, I don't know, maybe but not with my pucker factor. Heck, someone that is used to tractors may even mow the whole hill sideways and not even think twice about it. I'm not there yet, or my pucker meter *is* calibrated and I am right? I could feel the weight of the FM pulling on the tractor to the downhill side. I've been riding/racing dirtbikes and offroading literally my whole life, so I am pretty sure my pucker meter isn't far off from reality. I don't have any idea what the angle is, I need to measure and see just so I know.

It sure does make mowing go a lot faster than having to mow backing up and down the hill the whole way.

I wish the spacers were 6" wide each side, that would be great for mowing the slopes. But in reality 3" each side puts the rear tires at 66", which is the same as my FEL bucket and still under the FM at 72". Nice thing about that is when I have the FEL on, if the bucket fits between 2 trees I know the rest of the tractor is going to (minus the FM).

placervillebob

Equipment
L2800, Loader, Backhoe, Box Scraper
Apr 6, 2013
Placerville, CA
I live in the foothills and have slopes also so I am considering spacers - this is a great thread and thanks for the pictures.
I have a question that may seem dumb but here goes - I also have 15 x 19.5 R4 back tires that are filled about 75% with water - How do you deal with getting them off and back on the studs of the axel? Does a hand-truck help or is it simply a matter of careful alignment with the jack and never laying them down on the floor?
Thanks for your comments.
Bob

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
when i placed my spacers on, i raised the tractor just enough to get them off, then rolled them back to the spot. Was a PITA to make sure the bolt holes lined back up. Your tires are a wee bit larger! But I have done it too on a 53 ford jubilee......patience man, lots and lots of patience.....said the wolf

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
I have the Ag R1 tires on my L3200. Is my rear wheel width adjustable or do I need to buy the spacers?
Any chance you could post some a photos of your rear wheels?

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Chuck,
Most likely your width is adjustable. Your rear wheels should be two pieces, an inner dish and outer rim. You change width by remounting the rim on the dish at different offsets.
Your widest tread with R1 tires is 50.8"' which will give you a width of 62". Whether you want to go wider is up to you, depending on your terrain and plans for using the tractor. Kubota spacers give you a bit less than an inch each wheel, and are darned expensive. For the same $$ you can get 2-1/2 or 3" spacers on EBAY - just do a search for "Kubota wheel spacers".
I put 2-1/2" spacers on mine, and have about a 67" width. When I mow, I take off the FEL.

Last edited:

chuck172

Equipment
L3200, ford4500tlb, ford8n
Feb 12, 2014
honesdale, Pa.
I think if I take the wheels off the rims, spin them, I'll gain some width, but that means I'll have to dismount the tire from the rim and spin them so the direction is correct. Big job with loaded tires.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I think if I take the wheels off the rims, spin them, I'll gain some width, but that means I'll have to dismount the tire from the rim and spin them so the direction is correct. Big job with loaded tires.
Ummm... If you spin them just move them to the other side of the tractor. :rolleyes:

Ky Kubota

Equipment
'13 BX2670, FEL, 60" MMM, Land Pride RB1560 rear bladeLand Pride RTR 0550 tiller
Nov 8, 2013
Berea, Ky
Just ordered 2" spacers from Bro-Tek for my BX2670,,, we'll see how it goes.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Ky let ys know if they miss your deck wheels on your mmm. I think I read 2" max if you use the mmm. I would like to get a set too.

Ky Kubota

Equipment
'13 BX2670, FEL, 60" MMM, Land Pride RB1560 rear bladeLand Pride RTR 0550 tiller
Nov 8, 2013
Berea, Ky
Ky let ys know if they miss your deck wheels on your mmm. I think I read 2" max if you use the mmm. I would like to get a set too.
Yep,,,I requested info on them. They will only work with the 60" MMM. Hope to have them this week. Will post up as soon as I get them on and my mower back on.

squirm

Equipment
2320HSD
Sep 10, 2013
sacramento
I have the 2" spacers too, I just put them on. It makes the tractor more stable on slopes, however I might have a sissy pucker factor. I think I'm going to go with a tow behind mower, that way I can use my UTV on the slopes. No pucker factor in that thing. The side with the wood chock has the spacer installed.

Attachments

Ky Kubota

Equipment
Nov 8, 2013
Berea, Ky
Got my Bro-Tek's today. 2" ones. Got them put on, look good, wheels still inside the tiller track and the bucket width. I'll know more after I use it some.

Spacers,,nice pieces!!

Spacer on,,,

No spacer,,,

Tiller tills out the tracks,,,

Inside the bucket track,,,

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Ky, looks sweet, adding to my wish list. Appearently you just went with rears only?

Well spent money, I bought mine about a month after I bought my BX-25D, that and the tooth bar are two things I truly think are worth the money. Both are very nice pieces of equipment - both very well made.

Ky Kubota

Equipment
Nov 8, 2013
Berea, Ky
Ky, looks sweet, adding to my wish list. Appearently you just went with rears only?
Yep,,,just the rears. If you look at my front end pic, the fronts and rears are pretty close to even. Didn't really see the need to do the fronts.

Ky Kubota

Equipment
Nov 8, 2013
Berea, Ky
Hey Slim,,,,Just put the 60" MMM back on and I have no issues what so ever with having the 2" spacers on the rear. Played with the tractor today,,took tiller off and took FEL off for the first time. I had watched the vid on removing the FEL, was a piece of cake. Mowed some of the green onions and stuff that has already grown,,,awesome tractor, lots of power over my GR2120 that it replaced. Much more stable with the spacers on. I had driven around the yard before spacers and tractor did feel tippy,,,after spacers,,,very stable,,spacers were a good investment.

Very happy with my decision to upgrade tractors!!!

Ky Kubota

Equipment
Nov 8, 2013
Berea, Ky
Here's the clearance at the 60" mower deck with the 2" spacers.