Small tree transplant attachment

Yarg

Equipment
L35
May 25, 2018
Catskills ny
Hello I have a Kubota l35 backhoe loader that I'm looking to get a quick attach so I could easily switch off implements
I need to transplant a lot of small trees 3in diameter and under..Apple and Hawthorne mostly. Was wondering what you guys recommend. I also am going to post this in the fabrication as I have a friend who's a very good welder. Thanks

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
How about a link to what you found so we know what you are looking for?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Auger is good for potted trees, stump bucket for ground to ground movement. ;)

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Auger is good for potted trees, stump bucket for ground to ground movement. ;)
Exactly how I do it when I plant transplants. Little bit of fertilizer in the bottom of the hole as well, the some soil, the tree and more soil.

Yarg

Equipment
L35
May 25, 2018
Catskills ny
I'm actually planting lots and lots of bare-root seedlings but I need to move some larger trees that are established. That is why I'm looking for transplant implent that would sct like a giant spade.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm actually planting lots and lots of bare-root seedlings but I need to move some larger trees that are established. That is why I'm looking for transplant implent that would sct like a giant spade.
Yep, stump bucket is what you want! ;)

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Hello I have a Kubota l35 backhoe loader that I'm looking to get a quick attach so I could easily switch off implements
I need to transplant a lot of small trees 3in diameter and under..Apple and Hawthorne mostly. Was wondering what you guys recommend. I also am going to post this in the fabrication as I have a friend who's a very good welder. Thanks
Get at least a 36-42 inch wide scoop bucket for the loader. Apple trees have shallow and wide roots, you will be cutting a lot of roots on 3 inch if they havent been root pruned. Your machine will be too small to run a larger tree spade ie over 24 inch up front.

Yarg

Equipment
L35
May 25, 2018
Catskills ny
Great point it would have been much better to circle them at least with a hand Spade for root pruning this'll pass autumn.
I assume stump bucket are all similar to guys recommended particular brand thanks

notforhire

Equipment
Kubota L47
Dec 5, 2019
Meadows of Dan VA.
Great point it would have been much better to circle them at least with a hand Spade for root pruning this'll pass autumn.
I assume stump bucket are all similar to guys recommended particular brand thanks
Because I don't have enough posts yet, I'm not allowed to give you a link to their website.:(
If you google MS attachments spade bucket, you should find the style I'm referring to.
I like this round bottom design over the flat bottom models. I find that it penetrates the ground easier. They also make a grapple model, (which is what I have). The grapple helps a lot in stump removal.