Customized Eastwood Press Brake

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I bought an Eastwood Press Brake Attachment last year, and have used it a fair amount to mostly bend flat stock and sheets for various projects and repairs. It works great for 90° bends, but many times I need to bend the stock to other angles, and it isn't that easy to guess a 45° or 60° angle when it's in the press. So, I had a local machine shop make me a four sided die with 30°, 45°, 60° and 90° angle faces. The original die was held on with a couple of flat head bolts, so I took that off and used some 1/4" X 1/2" bar stock to make a rail for each side to hold the die centered under the blade. I clamped them in place on each side and drilled three 3/16" holes in each one and the base plate. I tapped the holes in the bars 1/4"-20 and drilled out the holes in the base to 1/4" and countersunk the bottom of the holes so they would set flush and installed 1/4" diameter X 3/4" long flat head bolts to hold them in place.

Now I can bend material any of four angles without having to guess by just turning that side up on the die.

Attachments

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Nice brake. I have a large Pexto gear driven brake and shear and a set of slip rolls as well. Too big for small stuff though I've used it on small stuff, it's cumbersome. Curious, what drives the bender, hydraulic jack or screw or what?:confused:

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I use it in a 20 ton hydraulic shop press. Works like a charm.

Another mode I made to it was to replace the guide rods. They were threaded on the bottom and had nuts holding them on that stuck out of the bottom of the base plate. That made it a PITA to use on the press, as you couldn't slide it around unless the press plates were in just the right position. I replaced those with some 5/8" rod I had, and drilled and tapped one end M8 X 1.25 on the lathe, and used flat head bolts and countersunk the holes.
Should have been made that way to begin with, the bolts that held the die in position were flat heads. Typical half-assed engineering you get on some equipment.

Attachments