Wiring Two LED Work Lights

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Can't give you a positive answer, normally relay wouldn't be needed if fuse block has a pre-wired circuit for customer use. Most people no longer smoke, lighter sockets were usually fused at 15 amps. Now they call them power ports and are fused at 10 amps (consult owner manual).

Adding lights anywhere else may overloaded circuit and blow fuses. If you say "Oh Well" and use bigger fuses you may melt wiring harness, cause fire and destroy equipment.

Prior posts, I explained how much extra electrical demand you're trying to add and why you may or may not want an added relay. Any area shade tree mechanics or tractor owners you can consult?

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Obviously I'm missing something - if I already have a fused (in-line fuse to battery) auxiliary fuse panel, that only is live when the key is on, and has a relay between the battery and the aux. panel...then would I still need to run both LED lights to a relay first, then to the fuse panel such that the lights are only able to be turned on when the key is on?

Again, sorry if this is a stupid question.
Think of your new fused panel just like it is its own panel, not added on.

Anytime you add a high draw source, a relay is at least a good idea, if not a must. The cost upfront is minimal. The cost down the road can be catastrophic!!

bluedunn

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, MMM, Heavy Hitch Back Plow Blade
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT

Anytime you add a high draw source, a relay is at least a good idea, if not a must. The cost upfront is minimal. The cost down the road can be catastrophic!!
Thanks, that makes sense!

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL

Relay on your washer, dryer, fridge, ac welder? nope,nope,nope - separate breakers.
Now the switch inside a thermostat for central air can't handle that kind or power, the a/c has it's own internal relay so the control switch can be mounted remotely.

A relay can be used/needed to kill all power to add on panel via keyswitch