Adding 2nd and 3rd remote

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Is there a thread that has this scenario?

I have a B2650 that I ordered with the 3rd function and rear remote.

The rear remote is a single spring valve type. It looks like a severe afterthought on the tractor and probably my biggest complaint with the machine. On my old blue one it was right next to my hip .

Anyway, I would like to add a 2nd and 3rd remote valve. My goal is a permanent top and tilt as well as the single remote I started with.

If I had a choice the "top" would also have a float in it.

How would you guys go about it based on what I have?

Thanks.

remote.jpg

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Your mount should take a Bucher valve . It should bolt directly onto your mount and your 3 supply line hoses should connect to the new valve as they are.:cool:

Good luck. ;)

Dexter

Equipment
L4701
Aug 27, 2016
Bay City, WI
If I understand you correctly you want a total of 3 valves with at least 1 that floats, You Can add a second and third stacking kit. part #. BL7343 and BL7353 along with new valves. Float valve # BL7393. Or a non self canceling detent valve # BL7373.

Attachments

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Your mount should take a Bucher valve . It should bolt directly onto your mount and your 3 supply line hoses should connect to the new valve as they are.:cool:

Good luck. ;)
I looked on Buchers website. No idea where to go. Like stepping into walmart.

They probably have exactly what I want, but I can't find it.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
If I understand you correctly you want a total of 3 valves with at least 1 that floats, You Can add a second and third stacking kit. part #. BL7343 and BL7353 along with new valves. Float valve # BL7393. Or a non self canceling detent valve # BL7373.
This sounded great, then I went looking for it all..... I do like the wholegoods sheet.

I am a little confused (easy to do). Are the 7343 and 7353 a kit of just bolts/seals in order to "add" another (not included) vale? And if so, wouldn't the 3 port kit have what you need?

What is the part number for a standard "spring center" valve like the one on it now?

I assume this is all dealer priced/sourced?

Can any old 3 spool valve be put in place?

Thanks for the help.

Dexter

Equipment
L4701
Aug 27, 2016
Bay City, WI
If i remember correctly the stacking kits come with the the tie rods, quick connects and valve handles. The parts are not cheap and i had to purchase from sales dept, not parts dept,

You could remove your current valve (entire valve body and blocks) and mount a different 3 spool valve in its place, as long as it is a power beyond valve and rated for the proper flow. you have all the plumping done, just connect the in, out and pb hoses to the correct ports on the new valve. i am not familiar with Bucher but I am sure MtnViewRanch knows the hydraulic business.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I think I will go with a complete new valve.

Do you happen to know the fittings spec on the stock valve? If possible I would like to match the new one so all the hoses still work.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Thanks Guys.

When it comes to hydraulics I must claim ignorance. I thought the whole circuit off the tractor was the "power beyond", not a function of the valve.

I will go do some more studying.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
If you are not concerned about drilling holes to mount it and no concerns about quality of the valve, then yes, get the power beyond plug and go for it.

If you do some research, there are several people that have had issues with Prince valves that have had internal leakage. Not saying that they are all that way, but some have been reported to be.

When it comes to internal leakage, no matter whose valve you get, you're pretty much on your own. As in it's yours, to bad. Go buy a different one or live with it.:eek:

Just sort of how it is. :(

There is a reason that I recommend Bucher valves. ;)

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
...There is a reason that I recommend Bucher valves. ;)
I don't know Prince vs. anything else.... I looked at the Bucher site... would this work???

https://www.hydraulicstore.com/hydraulic/valves/directional-control-valves/manually-controlled

This is my wild guess what you might need from the link: you need to triple check what you buy, do not expect this to be correct!!!!.

These are NOT all #8 SAE - the inlet and outlets are #10's so you may need adapters:

7146214 TIE ROD KIT FOR THREE WORKING SECTIONS. 33.20
7142272 OUTLET SECTION, POWER BEYOND WITH #8 BEYOND PORT 53.34
7140068 INLET SECTION, WITH 1500-3000 ADJUSTABLE RELIEF 65.45
7140653 4 WAY SPRING CENTER AND FLOAT DETENT, #8 120.40
7140585 4 WAY SPRING CENTER CYLINDER, #8 (X 2) 91.49 (X2)

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I called Trausch Dynamics (hydraulicstore.com) and got it all sorted out.

A fully assembled Bucher 12GPM valve stack. I should have it next week.

Thanks for the help on this, it is going to make a big difference.