5 amp start fuse blowing

03marauderman

Equipment
Kubota BX 23S
Sep 27, 2018
Plattekill
On a B2320 recently experienced a blowing fuse problem in the starter relay circuit. Its a 5 amp and what seems to be on that circuit is the fuel pump start/stop relay & 3 safety switches above the rear axle. I've spent a lot of time examining the wiring harness for a ground short and found nothing...Any clues???? anything would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Re: 5 amp start fuze blowing

Get the WSM, and disconnect one safety switch at a time and see if one of those is the culprit, I think the HST pedal switch actually plays a role in that operation too. ;)

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Just did one like an hour ago. B2301 (basically the same tractor). The stop solenoid was bad. Shorted internally, caused 5A fuse to light up when you turned the key on. Based on this experience, it might be beneficial to disconnect the solenoid, install a good 5A fuse, and then try again & see if the fuse fails again.

03marauderman

Equipment
Kubota BX 23S
Sep 27, 2018
Plattekill
There seems to be indications through out....Been through a dozen fuses already...With a fresh fuse turn key to on position & the click in the solenoid is heard, & then to start....Then sometimes the fuse immediately blows when the key is turned before the click in the solenoid is heard...thus the fuse blowing before the solenoid even had a chance to click....On another occasion with the tractor running at idle for several minutes...a tap on the HST pedal blows the fuse & stalls the tractor....Question: there's a switch, the last in the run that is located in front of the right rear tire that goes into the transmission...What is that switch for?.......

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
a tap on the HST pedal blows the fuse & stalls the tractor....Question: there's a switch, the last in the run that is located in front of the right rear tire that goes into the transmission...What is that switch for?.......
That statement tells me the HST switch is bad.

I'll have to look and see where the HST switch is, I don't think it will be attached to the transmission, should be attached to the linkage. ;)

03marauderman

Equipment
Kubota BX 23S
Sep 27, 2018
Plattekill
Following the harness, its all on the left side of the tractor, from the fuse box into the dash, out the bottom, along the left foot board then to the rear axle. crossing over to the right side to a sensor on the right side of the transmission....Nothing close to the HST pedal....????

03marauderman

Equipment
Kubota BX 23S
Sep 27, 2018
Plattekill
Put a jumper by passing the HST switch....problem solved....Will order new switch & fix it correctly....Thanks for your help....